log in or register to remove this ad

 

Blizzard at Revel's End (IC)

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Py'Cott chortles a bit as he feels Red Ghost fade, it always gets their goat when they waste time stabbing the wrong guy.

Unfortunately for Lex, the fishman that breached up next to them found a creature of flesh and blood to sink his spear into. Py'Cott turned to face the newly presented foe, locking gazes with him, as Red Ghost formed from below the docks, and stabbed the fishman in the back.

OOC: Re-Summoned Red Ghost into AN16 using a bonus action, then used Unleash incarnation

Attacking with Pike, using Unleash Incarnation.: 1D20+5 = [6]+5 = 11
1D10+3 = [9]+3 = 12
1D20+5 = [13]+5 = 18
1D10+3 = [4]+3 = 7


Dang, missed that first attack by one, still worth trying for it though!
 

log in or register to remove this ad

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Burton starts when the guard emerges right next to him, and he is about to swing his rapier just before realizing this is no enemy.

Not that moving his fine weapon in the freezing water is so easy. He lets the weapon go and it sinks quickly to the water depths below; Burton knows he can summon it back whenever he wants.

Quickly prisoner 287 helps the guard onto the docks, so that they both can escape the clutches of these monstrous fish creatures.

OOC: Taking the Aid Another action to help the guard (VET.G.2) onto the docks, so that he can keep his promise and help Burton out.
 

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Doc Halfhand lashes out at one of the attackers surrounding him, and is unable to operate his extra limbs as he intends.

OOC: Giant Octopus form. HP 11. HP: 21/52.

Attack (not fish woman but one of the other attackers): 1d20+5=6 MISS.
 


Jathlin scans the dock and ship. With no weapon or armor the pirate is hesitant to run into the fray. Seeing that the sailors on the ship are being pressed by numerous foes Jathlin extends his hand and speaks words of power. A slight rumble of thunder rings out and a spectral cutlass materializes near the sahaugin. The weapon lashes out at one of the fishmen. Jathlin looks towards the sahaugin that had been threatening him in the water and calls another burst of radiant fire to spring up around the closest.

OOC: Using my bonus action to cast Spiritual Weapon to appear near AL7 or as close as I can get to those three enemies. It will then attack the closest enemy.
Spiritual Weapon attack and damage: 1d20+6 11 1d8+4 10

Jathlin will then cast Sacred Flame at SD2. It will need to make a DC 14 Dex save or take Sacred Flame damge: 1d8 3.
 

Steve Gorak

Explorer
Thorbin screams a war cry. This ship will be his, and all enemies will perish! He yells to the other combatants “Brothers, let us open the path to our those below deck!” The then proceeds with the slaughter.

OOC:

move: as required to fight. He’ll maintain a 10 ft distance whenever possible

Action: first attack: attack 20, damage 25 plus 6 divine fury damage to fist target hit during the round

Bonus action: Pole arm master attack: attack 20, damage 18, (or 23 damage if first target from first attack died (from GWM))

pole arm master reaction attack if enemy comes within reach: attack 17, damage 26

Question: can you please highlight on the map the opening to access below deck? Thanks
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Revel’s End
End of autumn
Weather: Freezing and wet. Sleet. Rough water and sea spray. Fog
Round 5

Having gotten free of the fish man, Valerian continued to kick up for the surface, needing air. He felt his rage melting away, his body tiring with exhaustion. But he hit the surface and gulped for air, heading for the dock.

***

OOC: Rage ends early because I didn’t attack and wasn’t damaged, so another level of exhaustion. But I’m on the surface again.

Exhaustion 1: Disadvantage on ability checks.
Exhaustion 2: Speed halved.

Didn’t notice Doc Halfhand transform into a giant octopus.

Action: Dash and break the surface.
Move: Swim 15’ toward the surface (10’ underwater)
Bonus Action:

Valrin Thann Character Sheet
Prisoner 137
AC 15
HP 33/41
Rage: 2/3/LR, Reckless Attack, Frenzy
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
On the ship

Thorbin thrust his pike over the railing and into one of the larger fish-men, who turned and snarled up at him. With a quick jab, he thrust it again and the creature fell on the deck. This freed up one of the prison guards, who took the opportunity to climb the ladder to the forecastle and stand behind Thorbin. He loaded his crossbow and put a quarrel into the arm of one of the fish-men on the deck below. This caused the creature to drop his spear, but not to give up the fight; it dove on another guard and scratched him horribly. The ship's mate cursed, as he could not find a good angle with the ballista to fire it down onto the main deck, so he reloaded his hand-crossbow and fired into the crowd, wounding another fish-man.

Thorbin could see through the open hatch that the guards and prisoners (who had been his unfortunate standing bunk-mates for a long voyage) were no match for the vicious fish-man that had jumped down. The creature was positively mauling the lone guard, while a brave prisoner swung a board at its back. The other prisoners cowered out of Thorbin's sight, but a flash of light that seared the fish-man showed him that the ship's cleric was in the fight.

Below them, another deck down, Captain Halehearty led a crewman up the hold's ladder to join the fight as well, and the halfling captain thrust his sword into the fish-man's leg as he rolled across the lower deck's floor. In the hold below, three other crew manned the ship's pumps, making headway now with the breach pugged with ice.

On the docks

Py'Cott summoned the Red Ghost, who thrust a pike into the back of the fish-man who had speared Lex. The fish-man recoiled, and Lex cast a spell that pulled the life out of the thing. Further up the dock, Jathlin summoned a flying cutlass and sent it up on the ship's deck to help out there. A fish-man was attempting to follow him out of the water, so he struck it with searing flame. Still the thing came, reaching out of the water to grab at him, but Razum suddenly threw a dart into its eye, and it fell back into the water, floating on the surface dead.

A nearby fish-man thought better of joining its companion, and instead climbed the ship's rudder and over the rail onto the quarterdeck.

In the water

Ludz tried in vain to pull a surviving guard out of the water while Burton boosted the guard onto the dock and waited for his turn. The fish-man behind him stabbed him with a spear (9 damage) and then rough hands hauled him up onto the dock. The fish-man turned on the octopus, and a crowd of them stabbed, clawed, and chomped at the shape-shifted goliath until they tore him tentacle-from-tentacle, and Doc Halfhand remained, only mildly battered (23 damage total). From up on the cliff, a lucky quarrel fired by one of the guards struck a fish-man next to him, and he had a moment to avoid being fully surrounded.

Valrin made one final thrust of his ice-breaker into the fish-man who held his legs, and he kicked away. He was deep - very deep - and it was dark and cold. He was nearly out of breath, and his ears were ringing. He struggled for the surface as quickly as he could.

On the Cliffs

The crabrider pointed his trident skyward and the crab scuttled quickly up the cliffside, nearing the top. The guards loaded and fired their crossbows furiously, but firing directly downward was difficult (it was dangerous to get too close to the ledge with the winds as they were) and few quarrels found their mark.

The lift's wheel turned, and the lift reached the halfway point (80 feet up) while the dwarf bossun cursed his luck that he was stuck inside, while a battle raged on without him.

GM: Resolutions
(PCs)
Burton helps VG2 up, gets on dock
DocH missed (tentacle)
Jathlin missed (spirit weapon) & did 3 (flame) to SD2
Lex
did 15 (chill) to SG5 (dead)
Py'Cott summoned Red Ghost who did 7 (pike) to SG5
Razum
did 16 (dart) to SD2 (dead)
Thorbin did 31 & 18 (pike) to ST2 (dead)
Valrin did 5 (spear) to SD3 (dead) & swam (now 25' down)
(NPCs - Ship's Crew)
Captain did 4 (sword) to ST1
Mate
did 6 (xbow) to SG4
Cleric
did 4 (flame) to ST1
Bosun
rode lift
OC1 rode lift
OC2 missed (sling) ST1
AC1
pumped water
AC2 pumped water
VC1 pumped water
VC2 missed (club) SG1
(NPCs - Prisoners)
P177 lift wheel (to 80 feet)
P248 lift wheel (to 80 feet)
P293 dodged
P294 dodged
P298 did 4 (club) to ST1
(NPCs - Guards)
Ludz helped PG4
JG1
lift wheel (to 80 feet)
JG2 dodged
PG1 missed (sword) ST1
PG2
missed (sword) SG3
PG3
missed (xbow) SD2
PG4
failed to climb out
PG5 missed (pike) Crab
VG1
did 8 (xbow) to SG3
VG2
pulled Burton out
VG3 did 6 (xbow) to CrabRider
VG4
missed (xbow) CrabRider
VG5
did 7 (xbow) to ST4
VG6
missed (xbow) ST4
(BGs)
Crab climbed (to 150 feet up)
CrabRider commanded crab (extra move)
SG1 missed (spear) VC1
SG2
missed (spear) PG2
SG3
did 7 (spear) to PG2
SG4
did 6 (spear) to PG2
SG5
died
SD1 climbed onto sterncastle
SD2 died
SD3 died
SD4 did 4 & 5 (claw) to Doctopus
ST1
did 8 & 12 (claw) to PG1
ST2
died
ST3 did 9 to Burton & 8 (spear) to Doctopus
ST4
did 6 (spear) to Doctopus
 
Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
GM: Encounter: Sahuagin Attack!
RevelsDock5.jpg

(General Features) Visibility: Clouds, Sleet, Spray (Dim Light);
Difficult Terrain: Slippery dock; crowded debris-covered ship's deck; Cliffs
Elevation: (160 foot drop);
Name * AC * HP * Hit Dice * PasPrc * Slots * (Notes)
(Prisoners)
(287) Burton AC13/16/21 HP 4/28 HD 3/3 PP 13 SS 2/2 2W 1/1 AS 1/1
(299) Jathlin AC11 HP 15/26 HD 3/3 PP16 SS 4/4 2/2
(284) Py'Cott AC11 HP 31/31 HD 3/3 PP12* 2W 1/1 AS 1/1
- Red Ghost AC16 HP 1/1
(295) Thorbin AC17 HP 38/38 HD 3/3 PP12 R 2/2
(137) Valrin AC15 HP 33/41 HD 3/3 PP12 R 2/3 EXH 2
(Staff/Guest)
Name * AC * HP * Hit Dice * PasPrc * Slots * (Notes)
Lex
AC16 HP23/34 THP 12/12
Doc Halfhand AC12* HP 32/34 HD 4/4 PP13 SS 4/4 3/3 WS 2/2
-DocWolf AC15 HP 37/37 PP15 PacTac
-DocBear AC11 HP 34/34 PP15
-Doctopus AC11 HP 0/52 PP
Razum AC15 HP 27/27 HD 3/3 PP17
(NPCs - Prison)
Prisoner Volunteers (3) AC11 HP (see below)
-177 32/32; 248 32/32; 259 (dead)
Junior Guards (4) AC16 HP (see below) PP12 +3;1d8+1
-Ludz 11/11; JG1 11/11; JG2 11/11; JG3 (Dead);
Prison Guards (6) AC15 HP (see below) 22+4;1d6+2
-PG1 12/32; PG2 1/32; PG3 22/32;
-PG4 4/32; PG5 32/32; PG6 (dead);
Veteran Guards (6) AC17 HP (see below) PP 12 2@ +5;1d10+3
-VG1 22/58 (d); VG2 18/58; VG3 50/58;
-VG4 58/58; VG5 58/58; VG6 58/58;
(Notes: VG1 was the one 'checking' for contraband; VG2 was chomped by the orca)
(NPCs - Ship)
Captain AC11 HP 4/9 PP12 +4;1d6+2
Mate AC13 HP 2/13 +4;1d6+2
Cleric AC11 HP 9/9 PP12; +2;1d4; SS 3/3
Bosun AC11 HP 32/32 PP10; +4;1d6+2
Ordinary Crew (3) AC11 HP (see below) PP11 +3;1d6+1
-OC1 6/6; OC2 6/6; OC3 (dead);
Able Crew (5) AC11 HP (see below) PP11 +3;1d6+1
-AC1 9/9; AC2 9/9; AC3 (dead); AC4 (dead); AC5 (dead);
Veteran Crew (3) AC11 HP (see below) PP12 +4;1D6+2
-VC1 16/16; VC2 3/16; VC3 (dead)
New Prisoners (6) AC10; HP (see below)
-292 (dead); 293 9/9; 294 9/9;
-296 (dead); 297 (dead); 298 9/9
Name * Damage Taken * (Notes)
(BGs)
Name * AC * HP * PasPrc * Slots * (Notes)
King Crab
AC16 HP 30/38; 2@+5;2d6+3, grab (dc12)
Sahuagin CrabRider AC14 HP 20/32 2@+5; 1d10+3
Orca AC12 HP 0/28 (dead)
Sahuagin Priestess AC12 HP 0/33 (dead)
Sahuagin Grunts (8) AC12 HP (see below) 2&+3; 1d4+1
-SG1 14/18; SG2 18/18; SG3 10/18; SG4 4/18;
-SG5 0/18 (dead); SG6 (dead); SG7 (dead); SG8 (dead);
Sahuagin Drowners (8) AC12 HP (see below)
-SD1 22/22; SD2 0/22 (dead); SD3 0/22 (dead); SD4 22/22;
-SD5 (dead); SD6 (dead); SD7 (dead); SD8 (dead);
Sahuagin Thugs (4) AC12 HP (see below) 2@+5;1d8+3
-ST1 20/32; ST2 0/32 (dead); ST3 32/32; ST4 13/32;
GM: End Round Four; Begin Round Five
 
Last edited:

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Py'Cott spits at the ever raising lift above the docks. "They intend to sacrifice us, for their escape!"

The half orc picks up the spear off the dead fishman, angrily throwing it into the side of a still living one in the water.

"I'm retreating to the ship." He grimly explains before walking down the dock. "At least we won't be exposed in there."

 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
Lex AC16 HP34/34 THP 1/12 SP 3/4 2/3

"There's a block of ice sticking out of the hull making the ship list to the side. I'll stay here rather then slip and fall into the sea." Lex looks back up at the charging crab. He's too far away now, damn that dead fishman who stopped him last round. He instead sends a chaos bolt at one of the thugs (3) harrying the octopus.


2nd level Chaos bolt at S. Thug 3: 1D20+6 = [14]+6 = 20
2D8+2D6 = [4, 7]+[6, 2] = 19
(force damage)
 
Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Burton climbs up the docks with the help of the guard, and before standing up produces a small piece of leather from an old shoe that was tucked away in his current right shoe. His cold cough is both genuine -- he's freezing, especially having just emerged from the ice cold water -- and a way to disguise his eldritch muttering as Burton conjures up a magical protection from attacks.

"We're being slaughtered," he agrees with Py'Cott and Lex. "We need protection, and allies."

Not giving himself time to doubt the best direction, Burton follows Py'Cott towards the ship, conjuring his rapier back into his grasp with the flick of a wrist.

OOC: Action: Cast the Mage Armour spell, increasing my AC to 16. Spell slots left: 1/2
Move: To the ship.
Bonus Action: Summon bonded weapon (rapier).

(287) Burton AC13/16/21 HP 4/28 HD 3/3 PP 13 SS 1/2 2W 1/1 AS 1/1

Note: When taking damage, as a Reaction Burton casts either Shield or Absorb Elements (depending on the type of damage taken).
 

Jathlin directs the spiritual weapon to attack the sahuagin directly in front of it. He turns to face the creature following him out of the water just in time to see it take Razum's dart to the eye. With no visible enemies near by Jathlin turns his attention to the others on the dock. Seeing Burton injured and bleeding the pirate speaks a quick prayer to Valkur. At the completion of the prayer healing energy suffuses Burton closing some of his wounds. Jathlin then meets up with the others heading towards the ship.

OOC: Bonus Action: Spiritual Weapon attack on SG2 and damage: 1d20+6 20 1d8+4 5.
Action: Casting Healing word: 1d4+4 6.
Move: Head with the others onto the ship.
 
Last edited:

Steve Gorak

Explorer
Relentless, Thorbin continues to attack. He screams in anger as his first attack misses, but continues the onslaught.

OOC: move: as required to strike enemies, trying to remain at 10ft reach whenever possible. If all above deck are dead and he still has an action, he’ll attack enemies down the hatch if his weapon has enough reach, and he’ll jump down if it doesn’t

Action: first attack: attack 4, damage 20

Bonus action: Pole arm master attack: attack 17, damage 17 If attacking first target because first target attack missed, if new target because first one fell: damage 19

First Target hit this round: extra divine fury damage: 4 radiant

pole arm master reaction attack if enemy comes within reach: attack 19, damage 19
 

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Doc Halfhand finds himself in the water, not breathing and struggling to get afloat. The pain of the water in his lungs is nothing to pain he feels from having his tentacles torn off by the attackers.

It is a pain he has felt before, an imagined phantom pain residing two or three feet beyond where he currently perceives his limbs to be. He's not breathing, though, and the painis welcome.

With an effort of will, he regrows the octopus limbs, and lashes at one of his attackers.

OOC: Bonus:back to octopus (no uses left).
Attack: 1d20+5=16. If a hit damage=2d6+3=14 and opponent is grappled and restrained.
HP: back to 52
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
On the Docks

The mixed group on the dock collectively decided to return to the ship, and as they went, making their way across the slippery, weather-beaten boards, careful not to fall in again, they tried to help Doc Halfhand, who was in the water. Lex, who had stayed behind by the lift, sent a bolt of force into the largest fish-man who was thrusting a spear into the druid-turned-octopus (15 damage).

Py'Cott picked up a spear from a fallen foe and threw it into the same fish-man. This was followed by much of the group doing the same, until finally, the guard who had been mauled by the orca limped his way over to the fire-barrel, took a pike from the junior guard there (Ludz) and thrust it into the fish-man from behind, ending its thrashing.

Doc Halfhand, now fully an octopus again, wrapped his tentacles around another fish-man who had been surrounding him, and tore the thing apart. One remained, but it flailed uselessly among the octopus' writhing tentacles, unable to grab or scratch at him with its clawed, webbed hands.

On the other side of the dock, in the water, Valrin finally surfaced, letting out a huge gasp and coughing up cold seawater.

On the cliff

Glancing up the cliff, eyes squinting to the wind and sleet (a weather pattern that was unfamiliar to the deep gnome), Lex watched the crab and rider finally crest the ledge. He could hear the sound of the battle over the wind: men's cries of pain as the crab's claws caught them in a crushing grip. Though he could not see, he knew that the guards outnumbered the formidable creature and rider, and if they were at all competent (and he'd heard from the warden that they usually were), they would be fighting back with all they had.

He was right: the two closest guards had thrown aside their crossbows and drawn their swords as it crested the ledge. Now, though caught in its pincers, they fought back, hacking at the crab. One of them stabbed it in the eye, taking off the stalk. The other got a weaker blow in before the rider thrust his trident into him, yet still he fought on.

Nearly everyone on the cliff turned their attention on the crab and rider, but the junior guard and his two prisoner labourers continued to wind the wheel, and the lift rose past the halfway point.

On the ship

Thorbin vaulted over the rail from the forecastle and thrust his pike into a fish-man in the crowd on the main deck, saving the life of a guard who was surrounded, his only ally, a grizzled crewman, had finally fallen to the fish-men's spears. Spotting a fish-man who was heading for the ladder, Thorbin spun his pike and murdered the thing before it could go below. Standing over the open hatch now, Thorbin could see the progress of the battle below:

The large fish-man on the lower deck turned on the prisoner who had struck him with a make-shift club and thrust a spear through his body. The man had been Thorbin's cabin-mate through the many weeks they were at sea. His name was Tallow, a hardened smuggler from Baldur's Gate, having died as prisoner #298. His death gave Captain Halehearty and a guard the chance to get at the fish-man while he pulled his spear free, but the creature kept on fighting, though badly wounded.

The mate and the guard on the forecastle sent quarrels down into the crowd of fish-men on the main deck, and thinned the hoard by another foe while Jathlin's floating cutlass continued to hack at the fish-men from behind the crowd. The tide was finally turning on board the Gray Seagull.

GM: Resolutions
(PCs)
Burton armed & armoured up
DocH did 14 (tentacle) & grabbed ST4 (dead)
Jathlin did 5 (sw) to SG2 & healed Burton 6
Lex did 19 (CB force) to ST3
Py'Cott
did 9 (spear) to ST3
Razum
missed (dart) ST3
Thorbin
did 21 (pike) to SG3 & 19 to SD1 (both dead)
Valrin dashed (swimming); Exh2
(NPCs - Guards)
Ludz helped PG4
JG1
lift wheel (to 100 feet)
JG2 missed (xbow) Crab
PG1
did 9 (sword) to ST1
PG2
did 6 (sword) to SG2
PG3
missed (xbow) ST3
PG4
climbed out; Exh2
PG5 did 5 (pike) to Crab
VG1
missed (xbow) SG4
VG2
did 10 (pike) to ST3 (dead)
VG3 did 5 (sword) to Crab
VG4
did 15 (sword crit) Crab
VG5
missed (xbow) to CrabRider
VG6
missed (xbow) CrabRider
(NPCs - Ship's Crew)
Captain did 8 (sword) to ST1
Mate
did 7 (xbow) to SG4 (dead)
Cleric missed (flame) to ST1
Bosun
rode lift
OC1 rode lift
OC2 did 2 (sling) to ST1
AC1
pumped water
AC2 pumped water
VC1 pumped water
VC2 died
(NPCs - Prisoners)
P177 lift wheel (to 100 feet)
P248 lift wheel (to 100 feet)
P293 dodged
P294 dodged
P298 died
(BGs)
Crab did 22 (claw crit) to VG3 & 6 (claw) to VG4 both grabbed
CrabRider did 15 (trident) to VG3
SG1
did 7 (spear) to VC2 (dead)
SG2 missed (spear) PG2
SG3
died
SG4 missed (spear) PG2
SD1
died
SD4 missed (claw) Doctopus
ST1
did 7 (spear) to PG1 & 10 to P298 (dead)
ST2 died
ST3 did 10 & 5 (spear) to Doctopus
ST4
died
("PC"s)
Razum vs ST3
Dart: 2D20.LOW(1)+4 = [19, 1]+4 = 5 for 1D4+2 = [3]+2 = 5[/url
(BGs)
S.Grunts[url=http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=244964]

SG1 Spear vs VC2: 1D20+4 = [13]+4 = 17 for 1D8+2 = [5]+2 = 7
SG2 Spear vs PG2: 1D20+4 = [2]+4 = 6 miss
SG4 Spear vs PG2: 1D20+4 = [5]+4 = 9 miss

S.Drowners
SD4 Claw vs Doctopus: 1D20+4 = [5]+4 = 9 miss
SD4 Claw vs Doctopus: 1D20+4 = [1]+4 = 5 miss

S.Thugs
ST1 Spear vs PG1: 1D20+5 = [10]+5 = 15 for 1D8+3 = [4]+3 = 7
ST1 Spear vs P298: 1D20+5 = [18]+5 = 23 for 1D8+3 = [7]+3 = 10
ST3 Spear vs Doctopus: 1D20+5 = [19]+5 = 24 for 1D8+3 = [7]+3 = 10
ST3 Spear vs Doctopus: 1D20+5 = [7]+5 = 12 for 1D8+3 = [2]+3 = 5

(NPCs - Prison Guards)
J.Guards
JG2 XBow vs Crab: 1D20+3 = [1]+3 = 4 miss
P.Guards
PG1 Sword vs ST1: 1D20+4 = [4]+4 = 8 miss
PG1 Sword vs ST1: 1D20+4 = [8]+4 = 12 for 1D8+2 = [7]+2 = 9
PG2 Sword vs SG2: 1D20+4 = [8]+4 = 12 for 1D8+2 = [4]+2 = 6
PG2 Sword vs SG2: 1D20+4 = [3]+4 = 7 miss
PG3 Xbow vs ST3: 2D20.LOW(1)+2 = [10, 8]+2 = 10 miss
PG5 Pike vs Crab: 1D20+4 = [16]+4 = 20 for 1D10+2 = [3]+2 = 5
PG5 Pike vs Crab: 1D20+4 = [11]+4 = 15 miss

V.Guards
VG1 XBow vs SG4: 1D20+5 = [6]+5 = 11 miss
VG2 Pike vs ST3: 1D20+5 = [12]+5 = 17 for 1D10+3 = [7]+3 = 10
VG2 Pike vs ST3: 1D20+5 = [4]+5 = 9 miss
VG3 Sword vs Crab: 1D20+5 = [14]+5 = 19 for 1D8+3 = [2]+3 = 5
VG3 Sword vs Crab: 1D20+5 = [5]+5 = 10 miss
VG4 Sword vs Crab: 1D20+5 = [20]+5 = 25 Crit! 2D8+3 = [8, 4]+3 = 15
VG4 Sword vs Crab: 1D20+5 = [3]+5 = 8 miss
VG5 Xbow vs CrabRider: 1D20+2 = [7]+2 = 9 miss
VG6 XBow vs CrabRider: 1D20+2 = [6]+2 = 8 miss

(NPCs - Ship's Crew)
Captain Halehearty
Sword vs ST1: 1D20+4 = [12]+4 = 16 for 1D6+2 = [6]+2 = 8
Mate
Xbow vs SG4: 1D20+4 = [16]+4 = 20 for 1D6+2 = [5]+2 = 7
O.Crew2
Sling vs ST1: 1D20+3 = [16]+3 = 19 for 1D6+1 = [1]+1 = 2
(Anything missing was rolled by my son with dice)
 
Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
GM: Encounter: Sahuagin Attack!
RevelsDock6.jpg

(General Features) Visibility: Clouds, Sleet, Spray (Dim Light);
Difficult Terrain: Slippery dock; crowded debris-covered ship's deck; Cliffs
Elevation: (160 foot drop);
Name * AC * HP * Hit Dice * PasPrc * Slots * (Notes)
(Prisoners)
(287) Burton AC13/(16)/21 HP 10/28 HD 3/3 PP 13 SS 2/2 2W 1/1 AS 1/1
(299) Jathlin AC11 HP 15/26 HD 3/3 PP16 SS 2/4 1/2
(284) Py'Cott AC11 HP 31/31 HD 3/3 PP12* 2W 1/1 AS 1/1
-Red Ghost AC16 HP 1/1
(295) Thorbin AC17 HP 38/38 HD 3/3 PP12 R 2/2
(137) Valrin AC15 HP 33/41 HD 3/3 PP12 R 2/3 EXH 2
(Staff/Guest)
Name * AC * HP * Hit Dice * PasPrc * Slots * (Notes)
Lex
AC16 HP34/34 THP 1/12 SS 3/4 3/3
Doc Halfhand AC12* HP 32/34 HD 4/4 PP13 SS 4/4 3/3 WS 2/2
-DocWolf AC14 HP 37/37 PP15 PacTac
-DocBear AC11 HP 34/34 PP15(adv.smell)
-Doctopus AC11 HP 37/52 PP14*
Razum AC15 HP 27/27 HD 3/3 PP17
(NPCs - Prison)
Prisoner Volunteers (3) AC11 HP (see below)
-177 32/32; 248 32/32; 259 (dead)
Junior Guards (4) AC16 HP (see below) PP12 +3;1d8+1
-Ludz 11/11; JG1 11/11; JG2 11/11; JG3 (Dead);
Prison Guards (6) AC15 HP (see below) 2x+4;1d8+2
-PG1 5/32; PG2 1/32; PG3 22/32;
-PG4 4/32; PG5 32/32; PG6 (dead);
Veteran Guards (6) AC17 HP (see below) PP 12 2@ +5;1d10+3
-VG1 22/58 (d); VG2 18/58; VG3 13/58;
-VG4 52/58; VG5 58/58; VG6 58/58;
(Notes: VG1 was the one 'checking' for contraband; VG2 was chomped by the orca)
(NPCs - Ship)
Captain AC11 HP 4/9 PP12 +4;1d6+2
Mate AC13 HP 2/13 +4;1d6+2
Cleric AC11 HP 9/9 PP12; +2;1d4; SS 3/3
Bosun AC11 HP 32/32 PP10; +4;1d6+2
Ordinary Crew (3) AC11 HP (see below) PP11 +3;1d6+1
-OC1 6/6; OC2 6/6; OC3 (dead);
Able Crew (5) AC11 HP (see below) PP11 +3;1d6+1
-AC1 9/9; AC2 9/9; AC3 (dead); AC4 (dead); AC5 (dead);
Veteran Crew (3) AC11 HP (see below) PP12 +4;1D6+2
-VC1 16/16; VC2 0/16 (dead); VC3 (dead)
New Prisoners (6) AC10; HP (see below)
-292 (dead); 293 9/9; 294 9/9;
-296 (dead); 297 (dead); 298 9/9
Name * Damage Taken * (Notes)
(BGs)
Name * AC * HP * PasPrc * Slots * (Notes)
King Crab
AC16 HP 30/38; 2@+5;2d6+3, grab (dc12)
Sahuagin CrabRider AC14 HP 20/32 2@+5; 1d10+3
Orca AC12 HP 0/28 (dead)
Sahuagin Priestess AC12 HP 0/33 (dead)
Sahuagin Grunts (8) AC12 HP (see below) 2&+3; 1d4+1
-SG1 17/18 (dead); SG2 7/18; SG3 0/18 (dead); SG4 0/18 (dead);
-SG5 0/18 (dead); SG6 (dead); SG7 (dead); SG8 (dead);
Sahuagin Drowners (8) AC12 HP (see below)
-SD1 0/22 (dead); SD2 0/22 (dead); SD3 0/22 (dead); SD4 22/22;
-SD5 (dead); SD6 (dead); SD7 (dead); SD8 (dead);
Sahuagin Thugs (4) AC12 HP (see below) 2@+5;1d8+3
-ST1 1/32; ST2 0/32 (dead); ST3 0/32; ST4 0/32; (dead)
GM: End Round Five; Begin Round Six
 
Last edited:

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Unable to make it to the ship himself just yet, Py'Cott stops by the guards on the docks, and glances about for his misplaced snack.
Meanwhile, Red Ghost manages to make it past the gangplank and use the reach of his pike to strike at one of the fishmen still on the deck.

OOC: We are packed in as tight as sardines on that dock, heh.
Red Ghost Attacking with Pike: 1D20+5 = [10]+5 = 15
1D10+3 = [7]+3 = 10
 
Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Burton rushes right after the Red Ghost, past a blueish fellow who seems to be on their side coming down from the ship, and he narrowly avoids falling off the small ramp. A flick of his wrist and the dagger he threw into the water moments ago reappears in his free hand, and Burton throws it at a fish man aboard the ship.

OOC: Move past Jathlin onto the ship: Acrobatics: 1D20+5 = [17]+5 = 22
Bonus action: Summon bonded weapon (dagger)
Action: Throw the dagger at sahuagin S.G.1: Thrown dagger: 1D20+5 = [19]+5 = 24
Damage: 1D4+3 = [4]+3 = 7
 

Steve Gorak

Explorer
In good conscience, Thorbin cannot allow the massacre below to continue. He jumps down the hatch, and goes after the big fishman, trying to impale it on his way down.

OOC: move: as required to jump down and strike the fishman down the hatch. He'll try to remain at 10ft reach whenever possible.

Action: first attack: attack 20, damage 19

Bonus action: Pole arm master attack 13 damage 17, if new target because first one fell: damage 23

First Target hit this round: extra divine fury damage; 4 radiant

pole arm master reaction attack if enemy comes within reach: attack 18, damage 22
 

An Advertisement

Advertisement4

Top