• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Blogs are full of spam

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Here's what I've gone for:

What is the last name of the current US president?
What is the capital city of the UK?
Dungeons & -- WHAT? Complete the name.
How many legs does a dog have?

pawsplay

Hero
Here's what I've gone for:

What is the last name of the current US president?

I have a feeling current%president is probably within the capabilities of many bots.

What is the capital city of the UK?

I suspect this is within the capabilities of some bots, but not necessarily all gamers.

This is pretty good.

How many legs does a dog have?

*shrug* I don't know how often this is used as a security question.

I like the idea of mildly game-related questions, which would probably slow down the spammers, as well. Like:

The plural of die (the random sort) is ___? (How many spambots are going to know that one? Or underpaid spammers?)

In any case... the spammers are back.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter

Drag Queens?

(FWIW, that is SO what I want to do as a campy comedic D&D film...w/Richard Fairbass of Right Said Fred in the Damodar role, Rupaul replacing Damon Wayans, and Elton John one-upping Jeremy Irons...maybe even with John Waters ghostwriting.)

pawsplay

Hero
Drag Queens?

(FWIW, that is SO what I want to do as a campy comedic D&D film...w/Richard Fairbass of Right Said Fred in the Damodar role, Rupaul replacing Damon Wayans, and Elton John one-upping Jeremy Irons...maybe even with John Waters ghostwriting.)

"We looted this good!"
"Way to go, baby!"
"As adventurers, we enjoy our rightfully gained plunder!"
"Death to monsters!"
"DEATH TO MONSTERS!"
"Hey, look! Kobold babies."
"There's only one thing I hate worse 'an kobolds, an' it's kobold babies! Gimme that sticker!"

Legildur

First Post
Wouldn't it be sweet/ironic to hire one of the spammers to spend their time cleaning the blogs of spam?

However, I realise that that is rewarding the culprits to a degree...

MadLordOfMilk

First Post
Ideas, though it pains me to post them publicly where the people making the bots could just check ;)

• What is the name of this website?
  • You are registering for a ______. ("forum," "messageboard," "website" etc)
  • What are gnomes good for? ("nothing," "stew," and "punting" are all acceptable)

Remove ads