• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Blood and Guts. On sale! Woohoo!

JDragon

Explorer
Vigilance - great book! :D

Alread yworking on adding the Feats / MOS and skills to my character sheet.

One of our groups DM's has been waiting for this book to start a special forces campaign. :cool:

1 Question: I noticed in several places the use of the Bureaucracy skill, but its not listed in the New Skills Section.

Was this missed or is it from a diffrent book?

Thanks

JDragon

Vigilance

Explorer
Doh!

There was actually a big "flap" over on the publishers board about my inclusion of new skills in BNG. Many people think the d20 Moder skill list holy and perfect and took religious exception to me actually adding to it.

So, in an attempt to please everyone, and lord knows I try *cough* I reduced the new skills from 10 to 3 (4 if you count Use Rope from D&D which I dont).

Bureaucracy was a skill that was included mostly for color, and did provide some small bonuses to Requisition checks, that I felt could be completely eliminated (the other skills were folded into each other or into existing skills).

Bureacracy was gotten rid of and turned into the Desk Jockey feat. We thought we had gotten the skill out of the book in editing, but apparently not. lol.

If you send me an email offlist of where you find references to it that would be great :)

I think we still have the free PDF contest going for the people who help us find the most editorial mistakes before we print. :)
(Even if we dont I'll talk my beleagured publisher into something)

Chuck

mapineda

Explorer
To Mr. Rice:

I noticed while skimming through Blood & Guts that the Forced March Feat refers to taking Subdual damage which, of course, is not used in D20 Modern. I don't know if this is addressed later in the text. Any suggestions for a fix? Just wanted to give you a heads up.

Great product, BTW

Vigilance

Explorer
Thanks for the compliment :)

That's an editing mistake- I meant to point out that you take normal damage in Modern rather than subdual damage (they seem to have ported the damage from the DMG directly into subdual damage- can you say ouch?).

So just treat it as normal, and thanks for the heads up- we'll get that fixed :)

Chuck

JDragon

Explorer
Vigilance,

Since you are answering ?'s....

Want to make sure I understand the MOS mechanic.

Character is 6th level and meets requuirments to use a feat to take the Armor MOS. When he does he gets the benifits listed.

Now to go to skill level 2 in MOS Armor does he need to spend a second feat or just have the needed ranks in his MOS skills? (which are the 3 skills he picked at the begining)

Thanks

JDragon

BTW - did you get my email on Tuesday?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads