Blood of The Werewolf [Erekose 13 Judging][Concluded]

Patlin

Visitor
Initiative
Rowan (36 of 36 hp, AC 16)
Talbin (7 of 7 hp, AC 19)
Vanth (33 of 33 hp, AC 18)
Brother E (7 of 23 hp, AC 16, Poisoned, 7 dex damage)
Giant Wasp #1 (24 Damage)
Julianna (28 of 36 hp, AC 19, Poisoned, 2 Dex damage)
Boog (23 of 23 hp, AC 11)
Giant Wasp #2 (20 Damage)
 

El Jefe

Visitor
Boog reloaded his crossbow, determined to contribute to the battle in some useful way.[sblock=OoC: ]Round 5, reload. Round 6 priorities:
1. Defend self if attacked (use staff)
2. Drag helpless party members out of harm's way.
3. Shoot crossbow at most damaged wasp.

If Juliana is in trouble, or Wasp #2 is the most heavily damaged, a move action to M07 might be in the cards.[/sblock]
 

Manzanita

Visitor
Rowan keeps swining his weapon at the wasp, urging his horse to back up a step

OOC: Not sure if I should have gotten an AoO when the wasp attacked. He can only attack if the creature is 10 feet away. Round 5 attack: to hit 19 dmg 9.
 

B4cchus

Visitor
Talbin moves slightly forward (g10) and strikes at the wasp but fumbles at his attempt, almost tripping over his own spear.

ooc: ic and me seem to disagree on a grand scale....
 

Patlin

Visitor
ooc: The wasps did not aproach Rowan, he aproached them. (Compare the last few maps.) I can't think of any reason why Rowan would have gotten an AOO. Since the wasps are 10x10, rowan can attack the far parts of them with his pole arm while adjacent to them, at least in my opinion.

Round 5 Begins
Rowan slashes the wasp for 9 damage, bringing it down.

[Talbin goes here.]

Vanth shoouts at the remaining wasp but misses.

Brother E calls down a blessing upon the entire party.

[Julianna goes here.]

Boog reloads.

[Wasp is up here.]
 

Patlin

Visitor
B4cchus said:
Talbin moves slightly forward (g10) and strikes at the wasp but fumbles at his attempt, almost tripping over his own spear.
If you wish, you may alter your action since your target fell before your turn.
 

Manzanita

Visitor
Rowan will urge his horse forward over the dead wasp, to attack wasp 2.

OOC: RIght. I'd lost track that the wasps were large sized. Attack for round 6. To hit 11; dmg 5. probably no good.
 

Patlin

Visitor
Bront said:
OOC: FYI, I'll be gone most likely till sunday/monday. NPC me if I'm holding things up.
Check out the Neverwinter Nights 2 display at GenCon for me, if you get the chance! :)
 

Patlin

Visitor
Previously
Keeping back just a bit, Talbin moves to threaten the wasp, but fails to stab it.

Julianna again slashes the wasp, dealing 8 damage.

The wasp attempts to sting Julianna, but misses.

Round 5
Rowan misses.

[Talbin goes here.]

Vanth finishes off the wasp with a well place arrow.

***end of combat***
 

Patlin

Visitor
Combat XP
Talbin, Rowan, Brother E -- 300 xp
Julianna, Boog -- 267 xp

Time XP
Adventure began 7/31/06 -- less than 1 month, no time xp yet

Talbin and anyone else with enough xp will level up before the next encounter.
 

Manzanita

Visitor
"Well done everyone!" Shouts Rowan. "Nice shooting there Tex," he says smiling at this brother. "That McTavish blood is a winner." he continues, winking at Juliana.

He gets off his horse and pokes at the wasps with minor curiosity before continuing.
 

Patlin

Visitor
I believe Brother E needs to make two more poison saves, while Julianna needs to make one more. (For secondary damage.)
 

El Jefe

Visitor
Manzanita said:
"Well done everyone!"
Boog strolled past Rowan in search of his spent crossbow bolts, muttering something about "having to use crude force to deal with these mindless creatures". After some searching, he was able to retrieve both of them.[sblock=OoC: ]2 bolts, 50% chance of retrieval, rolls are d100=9 and d100=49...that second one was nicked pretty bad, but still useable.[/sblock]
 

Boddynock

Visitor
Although he looks a bit green about the gills, Father Eusebius moves determinedly over to Julianna and says, "Here, Lady, let me share what small blessing I have from Hyrag to help in overcoming the poison in our veins."

He holds up his holy symbol and his face grows still in concentration. With a quiet prayer, he reaches out and touches her on the arm, saying, "The Shining One give you strength!" Julianna feels a small but undeniable surge of power within herself.

Then he prays again, this time over the wound on his chest. After a moment he looks up, his face a little less drawn, and smiles at her.

After a moment the smile fades and he says somewhat plaintively to the group at large, "Would someone be able to catch my mule for me? It ran away when the wasps came."

[sblock=OOC]Casts Resistance on Julianna and himself, giving a +1 resistance bonus on saves for 1 minute.

Blood of the Werewolf; Encounter #1; two secondary Fortitude saves vs wasp venom DC 14 (1d20+7=11, 1d20+7=23)
(Resistance bonus included.)[/sblock]
 

El Jefe

Visitor
Boddynock said:
"Would someone be able to catch my mule for me? It ran away when the wasps came."
Deciding that it was the only way he could make himself useful in this encounter, Boog unloaded his crossbow and started searching for the missing animals.
 

Manzanita

Visitor
"Aye. Save your legs, Boog. I'll round up those mules." Rowan puts away his guisarme, turns his horse and gallops after the mules.
 

B4cchus

Visitor
"Yay! We got those critters good, didn't we?" Talbin cheers as the last of the two wasps comes down.
"Ah, you'll get my mule? That 'll be great!"

ooc: I'll submit Talbin for level up approval.
 

Advertisement

Top