Bloodcove Disguise

jackslate45

First Post
OOC: Aradra, if you walk away, you miss the next encounter. The apemen are at least an hour away, and there is really nothing to prepare for except manning the wall and shooting/hacking them.

OOC: Aradra would have no problem walking away, as he was a solider whose job was to protect innocent people. He can think of a number of things to do to prepare for the horde. So, while I as a player don't like it, that is what he would naturally do.

That being said, if someone can convince him to stay IC, he has no problem coming along. For all he knows, they are going to investigate something they can investigate later. His priorities are correct in head. Have someone tell him he is wrong :p

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Aradra shakes his head and says "I am going to focus more on getting ready, as that is where my stenghts lie. As this is not a proper siege, we should hold out fine. Should they turn back, I will be able to find you."

With that, Aradra turns to start walking towards the guard tower, Shadow following at his heels.

Kalinn speaks up for the first time since entering the besieged encampment. "Hold, Aradra! We have time yet before the hordes are at the gate, and Commander Dias has said that the strange orb pulses more urgently when they are attacking. It seems most likely that whatever this orb is it is connected with the siege; perhaps if we investigate we'll find something that will allow us to prevent the attack entirely!"

galahad0430

First Post
OOC: Let me describe the tactical situation. The camp itself is butted up against a high cliff. The area is on top of a ridge line that goes many miles in both directions. There is a ridge trail (the one you came on) that leads up to the gates from the left. The other trail is a series of switchbacks that lead up from the valley that the camp is facing (this is where the Brotherhood forces and the apemen are coming from). There is about 100 yards of cleared, flat terrain in front of the pallisade. The defenders will tell you that any attempt to defend from the switchbacks is dangerous because the apemen are adept climbers and they will also infiltrate from the jungle on the plateau, possibly trapping any forces that far from the camp.

jackslate45

First Post
Kalinn speaks up for the first time since entering the besieged encampment. "Hold, Aradra! We have time yet before the hordes are at the gate, and Commander Dias has said that the strange orb pulses more urgently when they are attacking. It seems most likely that whatever this orb is it is connected with the siege; perhaps if we investigate we'll find something that will allow us to prevent the attack entirely!"
Aradra stops to consider Kalinn's words. "Very well, I will accompany you for now. In exchange, I would need enough time and oil to prepare fire arrows against these ape men. That might scare them a bit."

nothingpoetic

First Post
Chaucer followed Juliet into the compound, though he stopped and stared at the brotherhood soliders who were being harassed up the switchback trail. He knew they still had a long trip, and he wondered how many would arrive at the gates alive. He turned back when Syldar mentioned the key. Producing it from his pack he smiled sheepishly and said, "So I didn't really forget it, and apparently I am a terrible liar as we all felt on the road a few days ago.

Turning again, looking back on the track, he looks at Aradra and says, "Why don't we take a look inside the dome, if it looks like it is going to take longer than the hour that it takes the brotherhood to get here, then we will deal with this key later. Whether we get this dome explored or not, I will be firing flaming darts at those apemen beside you in now time friend.

galahad0430

First Post
Juliet leads you around the camp. To the west, you can see the partially uncovered dome with its slowly pulsing light. To the east you see another excavation, but it appears to hold nothing. Juliet tells you that it was just a test dig (everyone can make a sense motive check). Near this dig site, is a tent that has some wounded people in it. Set apart from that tent is another with several other members of the expidition that are appperently suffering from some sort of disease.

udalrich

First Post
Sydar follows Juliet, observing the area. "Those people who appear to be sick - do you think it might be related to the pulsing dome?" she asks Juliet.

galahad0430

First Post
OOC: The check for the disease is Heal. Anyone who wishes to can make one.

"We are unsure of what disease they have, but they are unable to heal their wounds." Juliet responds when asked about the disease.

Remove ads