Bloodcove Disguise

galahad0430

First Post
OOC: I was thinking the stairs were longer and that the statues were blocked by the corner. However, now I notice that the two back statues were in range. Oops :)

Syldar concentrates further, but, aside from the information she already determined, she gains no further insights on the statues (it's apparent the CL is much higher than 7).

jackslate45

First Post
Aradra halts at once, giving those who can figure out what these statues are time to work. In response to the dig site, Aradra says "What you mean Syldar? I didn't see anything odd."

udalrich

First Post
"Not about the dig," says Syldar. "Didn't you notice the slight hesitation when Juliet was talking about it? Like people often do when they aren't telling the entire story? Or even the right story?"

jackslate45

First Post
"Can't say I did. I specialize in finding things, not if they are lying." Aradra says, shrugging. "Good thing to know though. We can ask her about it later. Let's press on."

nothingpoetic

First Post
Chaucer falls in line after placing the key back in his pack. He adjusts his pack, and makes sure his bow is still easily accessible should the need arise. As they head down the stairs, he listens to Syldar speaking about the test dig, but is only sort of paying attention, already composing the story of this adventure in his head. As he walks into the room and sees the huge statues, he is astounded by their sheer size. He moves in to inspect these statues, all the while racking his mind to see if he can remember anything similar in the great stories of old.

OOC: Knowledge History check to see if Chaucer might know anything about these statues or statues like it. Longshot, but worth a shot none the less.

galahad0430

First Post
Chaucer: The style of the armor on the statues is unlike anything you've seen or heard of.
Everyone: Aside from the four statues, the room is empty and clean of dust. There is only the opening to the west.

jackslate45

First Post
When nothing was found, Aradra nods towards the other entrance, and subtly hints to press on. He takes a quick peek in before anyone starts moving forward.

Shadow, trained in the art of detcing things by smell, starts sniffing to detect if anything seems "odd"

[sblock=Shadow and Scent]
Shadow will be using his scent ability to sniff out any invisible enemies, and alert Aradra by heeling on his leg. +8 to perception to find / +2 survival to track it.

If he actually sees something, he barks out loud.
[/sblock]

galahad0430

First Post
This 5-foot-wide hallway extends east to west, with six 10-foot-by-10 foot alcoves splitting off to the north and south, three on each side. The alcoves contain what appear to be stone sarcophagi made of the same smooth, white material as the statues, but lacking lids. Small piles of sand, recently disturbed, rest in front of each of them.
Shadow sniffs the floor and then his hackles raise as he begins to growl.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Kalinn's hands twitch involuntarily toward her weapons as Shadow begins his long, low growl. She looks around and whispers, "The wolf knows something we don't . . . everyone watch yourselves!"

Remove ads