• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bo9S-themed homebrew gestalt game -- now recruiting!

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
New idea! Are you allowing Magic of Incarnum? If so, I might look into being an Incarnate/Warblade. I've never tried Incarnum before, but it looks interesting, and those two classes seem like they'd have excellent synergy.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Sounds really fun. I'd love to test out a bunch of different gestalt Bo9S combos, but I'm full-up on games. Enjoy your run. Somebody should do the Crusader/Bard or Crusader/Cleric. :p

Autumn

First Post
Magic of Incarnum is fine, yes. In fact orders of Incarnates and Soulborn have long had a presence within the Astresian church and military respectively. Most people have heard of incarnum, but only in the same way that most people in our world have heard of subatomic particles or somesuch. It's an esoteric and poorly-understood subject. So far as Astresian dogma treats it at all, it treats it as an extension of divine grace just like the power wielded by crusaders or clerics.

Autumn

First Post
Glad that the world seems interesting to you. :)

I'm definitely open to the idea of fey heritage. Fey on Valis fill pretty much their normal niche of elusive forest dwellers, though since the Astresian expansion they are perhaps even more elusive than normal (being naturally vary wary of an expansionist and authoritarian regime). It's rumored that the pagan tribes traffic with fey - such a liaison would be the most obvious root of a feytouched bloodline, though of course it may go back many generations now. It's quite possible that, for instance, a pagan cavorted with a nymph to create a half breed who was raised fey, bred with another pagan and had a daughter who seemed human - the fey heritage then gets passed down among the pagans, and at some point maybe someone converts and you end up with a good Astresian citizen having a feytouched baby and not knowing why.

Shayuri

First Post
Hmm!

Well, my concept is of a sort of high-spirited swashy bucklery sort (sans buckler, of course), who gets by with a quick sword, quick wits, and when all else fails...quick feet. If you allow Complete Scoundrel materiel, it'd be perfect for this character.

It could work as either a tiefling or a fey...I'll have to throw some stats against the wall and see what sticks, mechanically...

Fey would be stronger in magic, tief stronger in melee, I think offhand...so what other people do could also influence my choice.

Autumn

First Post
Great, sounds a lot of fun to me. Should be a nice antidote to stuffy Astresians and humorless square-jawed warrior types. ;)

Complete Scoundrel material should be fine.

Kaodi

Hero
Actually, my original conception was not for a hideous blow warlock, it was for a eldritch spear warlock. Nothing like a character that is built to own both up close and from afar, all day, every day.

drothgery

First Post
I don't have genasi stats off-hand to let me know if this would even be viable, but how about a fire genasi warblade // warmage ? The idea would be a son of a high official in a frontier province that runs into a lot of trouble (bandits, foreign invaders, monsters, etc.) and so has his son trained in martial and magical skills to do something about it. Probably LN or LG, doesn't like the empire much, but likes the alternatives even less.

Zurai

First Post
All genasi have -2 charisma. You can still do it (just like there are still warforged artificers and warlocks in eberron that do just fine), you're just gonna have to work a little harder at the warmage side of things. Fire genasi are +2 int -2 cha, so they are quite good for the warblade side of things.

Remove ads