• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bones II

Starfox

Hero
I am not affiliated with this kickstarter project except as a backer.

Bones II are here

Why are we doing this?

Thanks to you, our last Kickstarter was an amazing success! We’ve added over 200 new models to the Bones range, and we’ve discovered that these products are monstrously popular. You wanted more! More monsters! More Demons! More Dragons! More characters! More variety and more amazing new models!

You’re in luck! We haven’t even scratched the surface. We have many more models that we think deserve to be added to Bones - new sculpts and classic favorites from our metal lines! We’d like to see if you think so, too!

Bones are still really expensive to produce, and we still need your help to expand the line. Your support makes the molds that we need to produce the figures, and in exchange you get the first crack at these figures for a fantastic deal!

What's in it for me?

We’ve learned a lot since we fulfilled our first Bones Kickstarter project, so you won’t find as many pledge levels. Turns out that most of you just wanted the core set with the potential to expand over time. What this Kickstarter will do is add 30 more models: character models, new sculpts, and monsters. After we hit our goal, we have plans to make the value of your pledge grow.

All we need is your support.

What Are Bones Gaming Miniatures?

What?! You're a gamer, right? Are you still living under a rock? Bones are only the best high-quality plastic gaming models to hit the industry in the last decade.

Alarian

First Post
Over a million dollars raised in the first 15 hours or so. Slowed down a fair amount for day two, but still going good. The sooner you get in on this one the sooner you get your product. They are going to ship them out in waves and the sooner you pledge the earlier the wave you get in on. They are up to wave 5 or 6 now.

Starfox

Hero
International post rates have skyrocketed. I expect to pay about 1/3 of the cost of my bones in postage. Thankfully for me, the US $ is also low now.

Alarian

First Post
I would say it's partly the uncertainty and partly the fact that International is going to have to pay the actual costs for their shipping. Reaper had to pay something like 300K out of pocket for undercharging on Rest of World shipping on the first KS and they are making sure it doesn't happen again this time.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I would say it's partly the uncertainty and partly the fact that International is going to have to pay the actual costs for their shipping.

Yup, that's why I'm not backing it. I'm subsidizing the shipping for US backers (unless the US postal service is free, which I doubt). If they issue an equal shipping credit to all backers, I'll back.

Last edited:

Holy Bovine

First Post
Yup, that's why I'm not backing it. I'm subsidizing the shipping for US backers (unless the US postal service is free, which I doubt). If they issue an equal shipping credit to all backers, I'll back.

Did you back the last Bones KS? If so you subsidized shipping for both US and Canadian backers then too. International backers paid $25 for shipping in that one.

Starfox

Hero
I think the uncertainty about overseas shipping is putting off a portion of the non US backers from last time.

The postage tracker for this is up now. Subsidized postage or no, I just did a calculation of how many of my local krona I have to pay for what I get and was quite happy with the rate, even if the postage (and probably also later toll) will be a high percentage of it.

Oublieditor

First Post
The postage tracker for this is up now. Subsidized postage or no, I just did a calculation of how many of my local krona I have to pay for what I get and was quite happy with the rate, even if the postage (and probably also later toll) will be a high percentage of it.

I've had a quick play with the postage calculator this morning and was also happy with the postage. I noticed there's a couple of sweet spots so as long as you keep the weight just under them it's pretty good.

Starfox

Hero
I've had a quick play with the postage calculator this morning and was also happy with the postage. I noticed there's a couple of sweet spots so as long as you keep the weight just under them it's pretty good.

Hm, bears investigating. All those dragons are sure to weigh a lot... Perhaps add or subtract some.

Kicktraq thinks Bones II will land a $4mil. That means there will be a lot more add-ons, which will also increase the postage of the basic batch. So I will save my final calculations until it gets closer to launch.

Edit: And Kicktraq's final estimation of 13.33k% is a bit ridiculous. k% is a brand new unit of estimation to me, an entirely new level of silliness! :eek:

Edit II: A more reasonable forecast is $2.5 Mil.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads