D&D 5E Book & Deck of Many Things Sneak Peek!

Physical book and box of cards on display at Gen Con.

I was there [at Gen Con] when they took these. I wasn’t allowed to take my own. The box with the cards is nice and, I think, magnetic.

IMG_8048.jpeg

IMG_8049.jpeg

aco175

Legend
I'm still not sure on this one. Wonder what is in the book besides descriptions of the cards. Could be cool if there are alternate cards and powers, or if there are campaign ideas to use the box with.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I'm still not sure on this one. Wonder what is in the book besides descriptions of the cards. Could be cool if there are alternate cards and powers, or if there are campaign ideas to use the box with.
They seem really torn between wanting to keep the hype to a minimum to respect the marketing release schedule for books coming before it and putting out way too little info as they try to get preorders.

I think they need to do a rethink of when they starting hyping stuff and how.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
They seem really torn between wanting to keep the hype to a minimum to respect the marketing release schedule for books coming before it and putting out way too little info as they try to get preorders.

it's funny that MtG is releasing project themes into 2026 and full lineup through 2024
the D&D side seems so much less planned out

For whatever reason (whether they wanted to make sure everything is 2024 compatible, or if indeed was a printer issue), everything got jammed into the last few months of the year, which makes it hard to properly hype any particular product without stepping on the toes of others.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
For whatever reason (whether they wanted to make sure everything is 2024 compatible, or if indeed was a printer issue), everything got jammed into the last few months of the year, which makes it hard to properly hype any particular product without stepping on the toes of others.
I think they need to abandon the idea that only one product at a time gets the big flow of marketing info. If they're expected to pre-sell stuff nowadays, as apparently they are, they should be allowed to open the faucet up a bit more than they are.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads