• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Book of Challenges??

VorpalBunny

Explorer
Just wondering what's the deal? Has it been pushed back, or is it still going to be released this month? Has anyone heard anything?

Last edited:

Paladin

Explorer
[RANT ON] I talked to the WotC store near me yesterday. They flat-out told me that they have no clue whatsoever when they are getting any products. They said that they never have been told when to expect any products. WTF??? How can the retail arm of WotC not know when a particular book is coming out? How is this possible? I can see them not knowing the exact date the books will hit each store. But, they should know the friggin' week at least!!! I want to know why it's now the 20th of the month and the one big release for the month isn't out yet? There's already been web enhancements out for the book for 3 weeks!!! WTF???

***NOTE TO WotC: If a book has a June release date, have it available on the first of June. Call me whacky, but that would make SENSE.***

I'm personally tired of having to repeatedly call my LGS, the WotC store, and bookstores to find out when a product is in. I started calling about the Book of Challenges on the 3rd. The WotC guy RECOGNIZES my voice when I call now. I'm going to have to bribe my LGS buddy to call me when the Epic Level Handbook comes out next month (allegedly) so that I don't call him every other day. [/RANT OFF]

Last edited:

TalonComics

First Post
Well I know the official street date is the last Friday in June (I don't know the date as I can't see my calendar at the momment. Epic Level doesn't have a street date but I'll double check today.

I would imagine it will be showing up that week ie. next week.

As always. I am taking preorders for it here: www.taloncomics.com/dungeons&dragons.html

~Derek <---knows the release dates

VorpalBunny

Explorer
Thanks Derek. Ya know, it's amazing that Talon always seems to know the street dates of products in advance, but my local shop is chronically clueless...

So how do you do it? Palantir, Ouija board, or a listening device under the table at Wizards? ;)

Paladin

Explorer
TalonComics said:
Well I know the official street date is the last Friday in June (I don't know the date as I can't see my calendar at the momment.

That would be the 28th. The freaking 28th. Why have a June release date then? Why not just make it July 1st? Oh wait...that would make SENSE!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

TalonComics

First Post
Lol... I know... I don't understand it either.

If it makes you feel any better the official street date for the Epic Level book is July 12th.

~Derek

Remove ads