Book of NPCs

Ketjak

Malicious GM
Pretty please with sugar on top add the frequency of the ability's usage (at-will, encounter, daily) to the ability. In the heat of an encounter for which one has not had time to prepare it's easy to make a mistake or slow the game down looking.

Great tool despite that! Thanks!

firesnakearies

Explorer
I'm not sure if you noticed this or not, but the little bullets to the left of the power indicate their usage frequency. The solid black circles are at-will, the open circles are encounter, and the open boxes are daily. You can use them as check boxes when used up, too.

-Josiah

Paul Strack

First Post
I'm not sure if you noticed this or not, but the little bullets to the left of the power indicate their usage frequency. The solid black circles are at-will, the open circles are encounter, and the open boxes are daily. You can use them as check boxes when used up, too.

I was just going to say what firesnakearies said. I find that the open/closed bullet-icon are much easier to parse in play, since they are on the right of the power instead of embedded in the text. I use them for all my monster descriptions, not just NPCs. I use them on my PC sheets as well.

CapnZapp

Legend
I know you said the current book of NPCs is big enough, so I won't ask for additions that include the PHB2 classes.

However, I can still ask for a "Book of NPC2" with Druids, Bards, and Sorcerers etc...! :)

While a "Book of Power NPCs" (including the new builds from Martial and Arcane Power) would be cool, I think adding new classes like the PHB2 ones (as well as the "campaign-specific" ones like Swordmage and Artificer) would be more important and useful to people than new builds of existing classes.

As for Paragon Paths and Epic Destinies, I wish you good luck. However, I fear things will get fiendishly complex if you open up those options (somewhat working contrary to 4Es monster design philosophy "NPCs are not PCs"), and you should know that feature is definitely not a must-have (for me)...

Again, thanks for the most valuable dl on ENWorld! :)

Paul Strack

First Post
I have considered putting together a "Book of NPCs 2" with the PHB2 classes in it. It's just a matter of finding the time.

Unfortunately, WOTC's new anti-PDF policy makes a "Book of NPCs 3" very unlikely. But I will see about what I can do about book 2.

Oh, and thanks for all the compliments :)

Last edited:

Remove ads