• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Book Prices...

Darkwolf71

First Post
2) Even in 2008, the Fed minimum wage is $6.55, which is still higher than the number you were quoting. That's $19.65 for three hours, and still not five to six hours.

He wasn't talking about 2008. He clearly stated 2007. And you aren't even trying to account for deductions.

Treebore

First Post
CBO isn't a good source of primary data.

PS

Well if that is true then the US government should quit using them for deciding on our bills and laws.

I hope there is a good reason they don't go by straight numbers from labor statistics. I hope there are other factors taken into consideration by the CBO that the labor department does not, and I certainly hope they are valid factors, not something to just fluff up and falsify the picture.

Remathilis

Legend
I beg to differ! I really like a lot of those evocative black and white pictures. Some of the stuff in the 1e PHB is fantastic.

Whereas I don't like the texture of glossy pages, I don't like WAR's art at all (or any dungeonpunk or associated stuff) and find the text about as interesting as washing machine instructions.

You're right, some of it WAS fantastic...
[sblock]
paladininhell.jpg
[/sblock]
And some of it wasn't.
[sblock]
longarmthief.jpg

uglyrace.jpg
[/sblock]

Scribble

First Post
Dude that half-orc is awesome... Makes me think of someone's creepy uncle at a family bbq or soemthing...

"Ehhhhh come on over here n give ol uncle howy a hug wouldja???"

Mother Superior

First Post
Wow... So for those of you who bought books back in the 1e era... did they seem expensive?

I remember buying the 1E AD&D PHB back around 1979 or 1980 and paying $15.00 (USD) retail. At the time, as I recall, that seemed like a lot, but then again I was only about 15, so even scrounging up $1.50 for a pack of cigarettes seemed like a lot.

Storminator

First Post
Well if that is true then the US government should quit using them for deciding on our bills and laws.

Amen!

I hope there is a good reason they don't go by straight numbers from labor statistics. I hope there are other factors taken into consideration by the CBO that the labor department does not, and I certainly hope they are valid factors, not something to just fluff up and falsify the picture.

How does it feel to hope? ;)

PS

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads