Boxed Sets

How Do You Feel About Boxed Sets?

• I Miss Boxed Sets So Much! Please Make Some For Me!

Votes: 30 22.1%
  • Boxed Sets Are Nice. I Would Probably Buy Some.

Votes: 63 46.3%
  • I Never Really Liked Boxed Sets. I Might Buy One If I Really Liked The Subject.

Votes: 37 27.2%
  • Boxed Sets Stink! I Would Never Buy One.

Votes: 6 4.4%

Usually I like them. The City of Splendors boxed set was convenient for me to put in Waterdeep and the North and Volo's Guide to Waterdeep for the "Total Waterdhavian Package." That was nice. :p

However, I just got the Kara Tur boxed set, and it is awful. Two flimsy 96 page books which could have been put together in one larger book (it's not organized like the Grey FR Box at all), and a bunch of double sided maps that hardly provide any context to which region you're looking at and how it fits into the larger world. Now got to find the Trail Map for it. Ah well, at least I can fit "Swords of the Daimyo" in it.

Psion

Adventurer
I liked the boxed sets I had (PS boxed sets, Undermountain), but found that they easily got crushed and pieces got lost.

I'd just as soon the contents be assembled into a hardbound volume.

Treebore

First Post
I don't like how the boxes themselves broke down, but I liked the "extra's" and how they broke apart the DM and player material. Plus I am buying the Judges Guild boxed set coming out late this year or early next. If I was into Midnight I would probably buy that one too. It sounds exactly what I liked about boxed sets.

PJ-Mason

First Post
I voted no. When all is said and done, they become too much of a pain. Accumulate enough of them over the years and they become a hassle to keep together and make moving a hazard proposition them. Them all you got is box parts and your looking for somewhere to story your magazine sized gamebooks.

dead

Explorer
I don't miss boxed sets although I have very fond memories of them. (And I own about a million.)

No, to tell you the truth, I like campaign settings released as hardcovers. It makes things easier to reference. ;)

adriayna

First Post
I like the old box sets, but with the seemingly skyrocketing prices of products, I'm afraid if box sets would be released, the prices would be literally unaffordable.

Remove ads