Bracers of Armor and heavy fortification?

Lord Ben

First Post
Okay, can you get heavy fortification on anything besides armor? I'm just wondering if it is possible for a Monk to get the heavy fort abilities on anything he can wear.

Cloudgatherer

First Post
By the rules, it is only listed for armor (which monks can't wear). I don't see a problem with putting it on bracers using the same pricing scheme as for armor (which bracers follow).

Artoomis

First Post
By the rule, no heavy fortification on bracers.

I wouldn't allow it.

However, I would allow a monk to use a shield without losing his abilities like he would for armor (a good argument can be made either way on that), and then he could have heavy fortification. If your DM won't allow that, you might be able to get armor-type enchanments (not including enhancement bonuses) on your monk's outfit, though that is a very generous house rule for sure.

You can find some discussion of pros and cons of allowing monks to freely use shields in my Guide - click on the link below.

Crothian

First Post
By the rules, no.

As a DM, I might allow it to be specially made and make the monk questio for special materials to make it happen. I never say no to ideas, but I do make them earn it. Sometimes, the cost is higher then the PCs are willing to accept.

Remove ads