Bracers of the Perfect Shot and Eldritch Blast

Tellerve

So, eldritch blasts says that it counts as a ranged basic attack. It got me wondering about Bracers of the Perfect Shot which add to a ranged basic attack.

Would this work? Maybe not RAI but I think RAW it would work. Anyways, discuss. Btw, this would eventually work for bracers of mighty striking and Heavy Blade opportunist.

Tellerve

Dalzig

First Post
It works with Eldtritch Blast. It doesn't work with Heavy Blade Opportunist. HBO lets you use an at-will instead of a basic, it doesn't turn an at-will into a basic.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Regarding Perfect Shot: yep, it's an item which makes Magic Missile and Eldritch Blast that much more attractive.

Regarding Mighty Striking: nope, doesn't work with any powers (yet). However, it could be regarded as a "poor man's power", giving a melee dude a reason to use his melee basic attack instead of a power -- for example, a Fighter who took Tide of Iron and Cleave, facing a single opponent who's already exactly in the right position, might opt to use his melee basic attack with some bonus damage. (Fighters get lots of value from opportunity and interrupt melee basic attacks, so that's another reason to consider the Mighty Striking bracers.)

Cheers, -- N

Tellerve

Right, good point about Heavy Blade Opportunity. But certainly a good option for eldritch blast and magic missile.

Thanks for the replies.

Tellerve

Mengu

First Post
Bracers of Mighty Striking + Horned Helm + Rogue W/Combat Adv + Charge (Basic Attack) = Win.

So long as it's a bloodied Dragonborn Brawny Rogue with Dragonborn Frenzy. Remember you're using Strength and not Dexterity for basic melee attacks.

Mighty Striking is good for Fighter Combat Challenge attacks and Opportunity attacks too. It's a very nice item for greatweapon fighters. Harrying Assault and Strike of the Watchful guard let you make basic attacks.

Ranger's Fox's Cunning, Cloak of Thorns, Tiger's Reflex, and Follow-up Blow let you make a basic attack, so the bracers work with these too.

Also the presence of a Warlord makes these Bracers right down priceless. If I was a warlord, I'd buy a bundle of these and hand them out to all the melee characters in the party, especially the strikers and greatweapon fighters.

Remove ads