This seems the least of BM maneuvers but I could be missing something honestly trying to understand its value.
- Run around your enemies while remaining 5 feet further away and make a series of attacks without triggering an opportunity attack for fun. (instead of focus firing like a sane person til the bad guys die) = cant do this its one attack only so....
- Change it to Lunging stance so all your attacks till next turn are at the +5 foot extended reach and the first that hits gets the superiority die Or even make it so the stance only drops after you hit (does that fix it) Somebody will surely say it's too powerful.
- Change it so your adroit maneuvering allows you to attack through an square freely even if the target would normally get half cover (Hey dude if you miss your cs die is very very wasted and you have to pick first before rolling )
- Change it so it also adds extra damage (based on attribute or proficiency if you are trained in medicine) damn it that is really what lunging is for. Adding your weight to the attack.
- Figure out why it might make a polearm build more awesome and leave it alone at least contextually.
- Hope the DM makes more enemies with reach that gives them extra or attacks that stop you short if you try to attack with the shorter weapon.