D&D (2024) Brainstorming 5 minute work day fixes

glass

(he, him)
The at wills and encounters are often just as good if not better than dailies and easily replenished. Dont kid yourself, PF2 is an encounters game in disguise.
It has decent at-wills, but it literally does not have straight encounter powers AFAICR. Focus points are are the closest it has to encounter powers, but even though you can spend one per encounter with impunity, the ability to spend more than that has a daily limit. At least until your can refocus more than one point back at a time, but that is limited to quite high levels and (I think) certain classes. Anyway, focus points are a relatively small proportion of a characters power. Hit points are kinda an encounter resource, if you pay the skill tax. Proficiencies and feats (other than the ones that grant focus spells) are generally always on or usuable at will, and slotted spells are daily. Similarly , AFAICT magic items are similarly continuous, at-will, daily, some combination of the three.

One of us may be kidding ourselves, but I do not think it is me.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
It has decent at-wills, but it literally does not have straight encounter powers AFAICR. Focus points are are the closest it has to encounter powers, but even though you can spend one per encounter with impunity, the ability to spend more than that has a daily limit. At least until your can refocus more than one point back at a time, but that is limited to quite high levels and (I think) certain classes. Anyway, focus points are a relatively small proportion of a characters power. Hit points are kinda an encounter resource, if you pay the skill tax. Proficiencies and feats (other than the ones that grant focus spells) are generally always on or usuable at will, and slotted spells are daily. Similarly , AFAICT magic items are similarly continuous, at-will, daily, some combination of the three.

One of us may be kidding ourselves, but I do not think it is me.
Focus points reset on short rests which is ten min. They are encounter powers. Not kidding.

glass

(he, him)
Focus points reset on short rests which is ten min. They are encounter powers. Not kidding.
Refocus is a specific activity, not a generic short rest, but to be fair it is probably close enough for government work. More significantly, focus points are fungible - even if you have ten focus spells, you can spend all your focus points spamming the same one three times. With actual encounter powers, you can use each one once (or X times) per encounter independently. Plus it is pretty easy to get the maximum three focus points, but you only get one back after each encounter and have to wait for a long rest to get the rest until high levels (for example, with these level 12 and 18 Witch feats), so they are partially a daily resource.

And even if none of those things were true and they were totally encounter powers, they would still not move the needle compared with everything else being at-will or daily.

Remove ads