Bring in a new player

beldar1215

Explorer
I'm ruuning a group through "The Sunless Citidel" right now. The group is well into the dungeon and I need to add another PC. I need ideas of how to make this new character appear. I don't want to just say that the character was in the background the whole time. Any ideas would be helpful.

Thank You
Beldar

Oracular Vision

First Post
Erky Timbers is held prisoner. Let the new PC be him, when he is released. Or make it whatever new PC your player wants, with all his stuff taken away and stored somewhere, a prisoner alongside Urky. Or, have him be the last member of the previous group (traces of which you find in the dungeon) who is still alive, hiding in the underdark and eating mushrooms.

BluWolf

Explorer
Oracular mnakes an excellent suggestion. Using erky would serve two purposes. 1) continuity-it avoids dropping in a character that wasn't there and 20 keeps you from working hard to screw up your campaign if the guy only ends up playing for two sessions adn never shows up again.

Once your out he can roll up a new PC if he doesn't want to keep Erky and meet up in Oakenhurst.

Or go with the co-prisoner thing.

If they have already found Erky, make him a prisoner of Balstag.

Quickbeam

Explorer
We actually introduced a new PC into our game during The Sunless Citadel in the aforementioned co-prisoner method. Erky and the new character joined the party after being rescued, and both helped defeat the evil druid and his warped creations. After the druid was dispensed with, Erky moved on and the other PC stayed.

I also considered the idea of having our new PC be a still-surviving member of the lost adventuring party, but decided the co-prisoner idea worked best IMC. Good luck.

Remove ads