Broken Weave Is A Tragic Fantasy Setting From Cubicle 7

Cubicle 7 has announced a brand new setting called Broken Weave, slated for 2023. It's described as a 'tragic fantasy setting' where the weave of magic is broken, the gods are dead, and the lands are shattered. There's no mention yet of a game system. [Update -- Alex Clippinger, one of the designers, said on Twitter that they "ripped by the [D&D 5E] system in really bonkers ways while doing...

Cubicle 7 has announced a brand new setting called Broken Weave, slated for 2023. It's described as a 'tragic fantasy setting' where the weave of magic is broken, the gods are dead, and the lands are shattered. There's no mention yet of a game system.

[Update -- Alex Clippinger, one of the designers, said on Twitter that they "ripped by the [D&D 5E] system in really bonkers ways while doing it"].

Antler_City_cV2-1024x492.jpg

The weave of magic is broken. The gods are dead, the lands are shattered, and the world has begun to forget what it once was. Time and distance have lost their meaning, the knowledge of how things once were drifts away like smoke, and those who remain struggle to live in a shattered world.

But all is not lost. Community, hope, and trust in one another can remake the world. Walking the old forgotten paths gives them permanence, fractured artefacts from before spark memories of what once was, and communities gather to create a new way of life.

BW_CB_0335_Crafting-05-1024x492.jpg

What happened to Victoriana 5e, does anyone know? C7 posted a whole bunch of art for it a full 18 months ago, but updates since then have been few and far between. There was talk of an early release scheduled for late last year (maybe just pdf or playtest, i can't remember), but I can't see anything about it on the C7 blog, and they haven't even talked about Victoriana for ages, while posting regularly about Broken Weave in the meantime. Is the project dead?

Emmetation

Explorer
What happened to Victoriana 5e, does anyone know? C7 posted a whole bunch of art for it a full 18 months ago, but updates since then have been few and far between. There was talk of an early release scheduled for late last year (maybe just pdf or playtest, i can't remember), but I can't see anything about it on the C7 blog, and they haven't even talked about Victoriana for ages, while posting regularly about Broken Weave in the meantime. Is the project dead?
Heyo,

No, the project isn't dead, just a bit of a slowdown in development. Now that we've announced C7d20, Victoriana will come after that to ensure it takes full advantage of the C7d20 system.

Remove ads

Remove ads