• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Buffy RPG - A Hellmouth in Waterloo [Closed]

Shayuri

First Post
Hehe, well, I don't mean it to make more work for you. If you'd rather define the artifact with me, then that'd also be cool. I just figured since I don't have the rules, it probably wouldn't save you any work to have my involvement...and since Juno wouldn't know what the thing does (she thinks it's the reason she has slayer powers) then there's no reason I necessarily should know.

Cor Azer

First Post
Hehe, well, I don't mean it to make more work for you. If you'd rather define the artifact with me, then that'd also be cool. I just figured since I don't have the rules, it probably wouldn't save you any work to have my involvement...and since Juno wouldn't know what the thing does (she thinks it's the reason she has slayer powers) then there's no reason I necessarily should know.

Oh don't worry about work for me :) I love playing with tons of background plot stuff, some of which will never see the little of day (no pun intended in reference to vampires). I'm already broiling a few ideas on what the dagger is.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Another point against Teagan is that we have a budding sorceror in the group, and since magic and tech work identically, Tea would steal some of his thunder in terms of mechanics, if not conceptual.
Well, Rory's "sorcery" is designed to be focused on subtle charm/illusion/glamer magic, but you're right, there's no hard and fast rule as to why I couldn't eventually learn how to shoot lightning from my eyeballs or whatever.

When all-encompassing rules are used to duplicate essentially the same mechanics with different flavor, and that we have eight players, there's bound to be at least a few people with skill crossover.

Still, nothing wrong with a Slayer named Juno! ;)

DrZombie

First Post
I updated my char sheet and background. If anyone wants to see if we can link characters before the game starts just give me a yell.

Am I right to suppose the in-game time is early (first weeks) in the first semester?

airwalkrr

Adventurer
For right now I'll use Cor Azer's stats for Dafydd, until I get a better handle on the rules, as long as he (?) is cool with me making some minor tweaks once I get a better handle on things.

Cor Azer

First Post
I updated my char sheet and background. If anyone wants to see if we can link characters before the game starts just give me a yell.

Am I right to suppose the in-game time is early (first weeks) in the first semester?

The game will be starting a few weeks into thd fall semester - students have mostly settled into their classes, and even strangers have had enough chances to say hi a few times.

Note that the year will be 2001, concurrent with Buffy season 5.

Systole

First Post
I'll take a last look at Rechard before starting. I know it's a late vote, but I actually kind of liked Teagan. The idea that a random group of people* is holding down the Hellmouth without the benefit of a Slayer** seems more interesting to me.

Just FYI, Rechard does want to keep the demon-drinking on the down-low ... at least for now. His explanation for his immortality (if he's forced) will be that he drank demon blood during a ritual once, in the early 16th century -- which is true. He'll omit the part about the demon blood he's drunk SINCE the ritual.

Also, Art History is one of those classes that fills a requirement for everyone.

*For a loose definition of "people."
** It reminds me of the episode with Alternate Willow in the catsuit. Me-ow.

Systole

First Post
You know, those demons who invaded Art History might have had it in for Rechard. Which would make hanging out with Slayer/Slayermech a LOT more attractive.

Shayuri

First Post
Hehe, that's what I liked about Teagan too, actually. There's a kind of humanizing element to her. A sense that, "Hey, maybe not every Hellmouth has to have a slayer to be contained."

But in the end, I think there's too many strikes for her to work.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads