Build Me a Minotaur

BASHMAN

Basic Action Games
matthewajg said:
If you want a really bad ass minotaur with some great "flavor", look nowhere else but at the MASTERS & MINIONS book at Behemoth3: http://www.behemoth3.com/

They have presented a number of minotaur options, and the fluff is as good as the crunch! :D

The GM is rather picky about campaign material. Only WOTC books are allowed. The minotaurs of Krynn have plenty of flavor (they are a sea-faring warrior race that also believes itself superior to all other lifeforms).

I think the way I want to go with this is use the Generic Warrior class from UA. It is so lame that fighters don't get proffession sailor. Also I want Reflex instead of Fort to be my good save.

monboesen

Explorer
It is so lame that fighters don't get proffession sailor. Also I want Reflex instead of Fort to be my good save.

Wouldn't it be simpler to make those two small adjustments to the Fighter class, rather than using the Warrior class ?

szilard

First Post
epochrpg said:
I think the way I want to go with this is use the Generic Warrior class from UA. It is so lame that fighters don't get proffession sailor. Also I want Reflex instead of Fort to be my good save.

If you aren't going to be beavily armored... Have you considered Swashbuckler, Ranger... or a multiclass with Rogue or Scout?

Rogue 3/Fighter X isn't a bad deal if you want a better reflex save and more skill points. Evasion is nice and 2d6 sneak attack is always welcome.

Swashbuckler with the arcane whatchamacallit option from Complete Mage is also very nice.

-Stuart

BASHMAN

Basic Action Games
monboesen said:
Wouldn't it be simpler to make those two small adjustments to the Fighter class, rather than using the Warrior class ?

Ah, but the bonus feats in the Generic Tree are truely inspiring. I could take Evasion and Sneak Attack as class abilities, for instance!

monboesen

Explorer
Ah, but the bonus feats in the Generic Tree are truely inspiring. I could take Evasion and Sneak Attack as class abilities, for instance!

Not so much inspiring as plain better. Those generic classes are for a game where all players use them, they aren't designed to be on par with core classes.

Remove ads