• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Build your own character drawing

WayneLigon

Adventurer
The 2.0 beta is OK, but it still has a long, long way to go.

The two most recent updates are:

February 3, 2003: Work's still progressing, albeit slowly. I finished up the Leggings genres for the male dwarf last night, and am moving on to Masks, Mouths, Overshirts, Right-Hand items, etc. Some of those (like the Over/Undershirts) are very tedious to produce, as they have to match the leggings and body precisely for those full-body, form-fitting configurations, while others (like noses) are much easier to convert. I am just over 75% done with the male dwarf conversion, so hopefully it won't be too much longer before he's available. Once it is done, the artwork will be 50% complete (three figures will be complete with three more to go).

November 13, 2002: I realized it's been a while since my last update (well, all right, I helped get reminded by several alert readers). I'm currently working on the male dwarf figure, adapting items to fit the body. I'm about 30% of the way done. After that comes the female dwarf figure, then the two Brickish bodies. The application is probably 95% complete from a programming standpoint; the remainder of the work to be done is largely adding illustrations to the new bodies. I've taken a full-time job at PageWise.com, a local internet company, doing design work. That has drastically reduced the time I've got to put towards version 2, but work is progressing, albeit slowly. If I don't have it done by Christmas, then some decisions will have to be made about how to proceed. It's not really fair to keep people hanging on if I can't get it done in a reasonable time frame, so I might end up just releasing what I have, and open-sourcing the base code so people could do their own HeroMachine stuff. Time will tell, I suppose. In any event, I just wanted visitors to know I am still working on the project, it's just taken more of a back seat than it used to have.

Remove ads