Burnin' Down The House(s)

Bill T.

Explorer
I've been carefully going through the second act of "Shelter from the Storm" in the complete campaign guide for 3.5, and something odd caught my eye. On page 77 it says that "a spate of fires" has been the source of some problems near the South Harbor. Then, on page 79, it says that " houses on the eastern side of the North Shore have been damaged by fire. Are there really two separate incidents of mysterious fire? If so, do the fires near the South Harbor have the same cause as the fires to the north? My inclination is to treat the mention of the southern fires as a mistake and that they should have been mentioned in the context of the North Coast, but that doesn't connect very well with Pickens' activities.Has anyone else noticed this inconsistency? How have you dealt with it?

I wrote the adventure 8 years ago. I recall that the original intent of the fires was to just tease the fire tomb, because the fires are caused by elemental rats being driven up from underground due to Ragesian activity down there.

I don't recall intending to have two different fire incidents.

Remove ads