• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bus Stop Weirdoes!

kenobi65

First Post
I ride public transit to work every day, and there's a whole cast of characters I've noticed over the years. It's the ones with bad personal hygiene (homeless, and probably mentally ill) that stand out the most. :(

BTW...Dannyalcatraz, I want to marry you. ;)

Huw

First Post
Ah, the wacky world of the bus weirdo. Here are a few of my more "memorable" experiences of London buses:

• The ranting guy saying that life was crap, but could be worse as we could, to quote, "Have been born as a f*****g rabbit". His monologue never quite got round to explaining why the rabbits had it so bad.
  • The Italian students smoking pot. Yes, on a bus.
  • The old guy who was very friendly until he casually mentioned his theory that, to quote, "The world is being run by the n****rs". Actually, he was still friendly after that, but by then I'd stopped listening.
  • The anally retentive bus driver who picked up on the slightest irregularities on any season ticket presented (an irregularity being a smudge, for example), and demanded to see further proof of id.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
To de-stress about this, every day, perform some yoga while chanting the following mantra:
Every day I get in the queue (Too much, the Magic Bus)
To get on the bus that takes me to you (Too much, the Magic Bus)
I'm so nervous, I just sit and smile (Too much, the Magic Bus)
Your house is only another mile (Too much, the Magic Bus)
Thank you, driver, for getting me here (Too much, the Magic Bus)
You'll be an inspector, have no fear (Too much, the Magic Bus)
I don't want to cause no fuss (Too much, the Magic Bus)
But can I buy your Magic Bus? (Too much, the Magic Bus)
Nooooooooo!

I don't care how much I pay (Too much, the Magic Bus)
I wanna drive my bus to my baby each day (Too much, the Magic Bus)
*[Magic Bus, Magic Bus, Magic Bus
Magic Bus, Magic Bus, Magic Bus
Give me a hundred (Magic Bus)
I won't take under (Magic Bus)
Goes like thunder (Magic Bus)
It's a bus-age wonder (Magic Bus)

Magic Bus, Magic Bus, Magic Bus, Magic Bus
I want it, I want it, I want it...(You can't have it!)
Think how much you'll save...(You can't have it!)]
I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it ... (You can't have it!)

Tewligan

First Post
Yesterday, there was a guy on my bus with what appeared to be an enormous zit on his face that was literally as big as an eyeball. And it was oozing from its head. Periodically he would reach up to touch it with his hand, look at the pus he came away with, and wipe it on his jeans. I think it was easily the most stomach-churning thing I've seen in 2008.

HeavenShallBurn

First Post
Tewligan said:
Yesterday, there was a guy on my bus with what appeared to be an enormous zit on his face that was literally as big as an eyeball. And it was oozing from its head. Periodically he would reach up to touch it with his hand, look at the pus he came away with, and wipe it on his jeans. I think it was easily the most stomach-churning thing I've seen in 2008.
Probably an MSRA infection not a zit, and yes it is gross.

nick2

Explorer
Here in Winnipeg you get bugged by panhandlers looking for money or cigarettes. I do have a few amusing/disturbing bus stories though:
My least favourite time on the bus was the time that I sat on a wet seat while heading to work. It had a fabric covering, so I didn't see that it was wet at the time. It wasn't wintertime either. I am so hoping that someone just spilled a drink on the seat. Now I always feel first before sitting down. Luckily I had some shorts in my bag to change into.
One time there was this drunk guy on the bus as I was heading home (around 4:30 pm). He wound up stumbling over my feet, and landing on this poor Asian guy, who was knocked to the ground. Luckily neither of them were hurt.
A few days ago on the bus, I looked over, and noticed a guy mining for gold. He then got up, and opened the bus door using the presspad. Now I'm even more paranoid of touching things on the bus.
At least public transit is reliable here, much better than where i used to live.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Thornir Alekeg said:
Either that or the bus stop will spontaneously turn into something resembling a scene from High School Musical.

Totally worth it.

Seriously though - and maybe I'm crazy - but I LIKE taking the bus and watching some of the crazies. Where I used to work had a common bus stop and was right outside the winder which was tinted in a way so that people would see their own reflections instead of inside the office.

For a couple of reasons:
Enjoyment. I hate to say it, but while there are some annoying people on the bus, some of them have great personalities that I enjoy speaking with. Enjoyment also because some people are so stupid you can't help but want to laugh at them.

Seeing people crazier than me makes me feel not so bad about myself. However bad my life is on occasion, at least it can't be as bad as, say "THAT GUY".

I enjoy writing. I have never published anything, but I still enjoy writing nonetheless and frequently, people will give me ideas for people. Sometimes this is strange outfits or accessories and sometimes phrases or ways of speaking.

Although yes, I do agree that occasionally, someone is so bad they don't really fit any of these.

Remove ads