Byzantium on the Shannon, Part the Second

Ds Da Man

First Post
I have tears. That is a terrible loss. Jon, I can never express the how looking at that picture, and knowing such beautiful people are gone, has made me want to run home and kiss my wife and two children. My heartfelt condolences,

Dave Hall
dhall@abcs.com if you ever need a chat!

usagisteve

First Post
A few words

For those of you who don't know me, my name is Steve McDonald. I played Theodorus in the campaign.

I hope that those of you who took the time to read these boards also had the opportunity to read the chat sessions that went on with Jessica's character and mine. Like so many roleplaying characters, Theodorus was essentially another version of me, accenting my arrogance in an attempt to cover the fact that I constantly fear what other people will think of me.

I, as a person, find it very hard to trust people, I'm not very open that way. But it was impossible not to trust someone like Jessica from the moment I met her. I was a stranger to her, and she took me into her home and life with nothing but acceptance of the oddities that make me what I am.

I have never had a friend (or anyone close to me) die. I cannot stop feeling empty . She was one of the few people in this world that I loved, and with the exception of my wife (who has been a pillar of strength for me in this time), I had no one else like Jess that I could just be myself around.

There is nothing else I can say, other than to beg whatever god there is in such a world that she and her beautiful, beautiful children know some peace wherever they are at this time.

Xerecian

First Post
Jessica

When I shut my eyes I remember. I remember Benjamin playing with a roaring toy Godzilla on the kitchen floor. I remember Heather hanging on my arm and my every word as I read Stellaluna to her. I remember Jessica's joy at a simple gift Sean and I brought back from the Renaissance Faire that made me think of her and of Aoelif. When I shut my eyes, I never want to open them again, but I'm suddenly afraid of the dark.

Three people I love are gone from this world, but my love for them will always remain.

CleverName

Explorer
From Jon

I just saw Jon. I told him about the outpouring of love and concern on the BoS thread. He was surprised and very thankful and wanted me to tell you how much he appreciated your thoughts.

Though I don't know any of your involved with this story hour...

:( My deepest condolences to you all.

I'm glad that there's already been a lot of support from posters here at ENWorld...this truly is a great community of genuinely great people. I doubt I'm alone when I say we're all deeply sorry for you, and will always be behind you.

Gaius

First Post
The irony of Jessica's screen name is as poignant as it is sad. Though she was but a name amongst hundreds and a stranger to me, I still offer my sympathies and condolences for your loss. My thoughts and prayers go out to her friends and family. I'm so terribly sorry.

Gaius

Remove ads