C&C: A Lion in the Ropes

Kuld

Explorer
Norgim

“An apothecary, a pharmacist, an herbalist, a medicine man, a wizard- quickly people, who among yer citizens does this describe?!”

Sado

First Post
Yondo

Satisfied that they are safe for the moment, Yondo turns his attention to James.

"Someone help him!" he exclaims. "A healer, a cleric, anyone!"

driver8

First Post
The pleas drive the townsfolk into an excited frenzy. They begin chattering amonsgt themselves. From their chattering, there seems to be no apothecary in Tres.

Brother Martin comes forward to tend to James. "We have a few potions and herbs in the church." he says. "But I am unsure of what ails him."

As the group watches, James is gripped by a great seizure. His body convulses, and James grunts as he feels pain shoot through his body. (James takes 4 points of damage)

But then the pain fades. James feels he is able to breathe easier, and feeling slowly returns to his extremities. Although he feels weak, color returns to his face and his breathing returns to normal.

Last edited:

Kuld

Explorer
Norgim

Norgim places a hand under James’ chin and raises his head to get a better look. “Wha, ye fellin’ alright lad? Looks like yer breath has returned and it brought back some ‘o yer color along with it. Tell us who done this to ye lad and we all’l go’n pay em a visit straightaway.”

scout989

First Post
James Ferdinand III

"Nay, Norgrim, not just yet" James says weakly. "I must find some Unicorn's Horn and attempt to neutralize the poison before I may journey with you, for I fear that it remains yet in my blood. There is a great deal to relate to you, so let us travel to the sanctuary, or wherever we might find healing herbs, as curing myself is my largest concern at the moment. Then we can compare notes for the day and plan our next."

driver8

First Post
Brother Martin dismisses the townsfolk with a few kind words, then leads the party back to the church in Capendu. Confident that James is out of danger, the acolytes begin work on an antidote.

You each await in the nave of the church. Seated amongst the pews, you are alone, able to relate your experiences of the day so far.

Sado

First Post
Yondo

Now that James is out of danger for the moment, Yondo is less worried about pressing him for information.

"James, you must tell us what happened to you," he implores. "Who, or what, did this? Or was it an accident?

"And is there any urgent danger we should know of?"

scout989

First Post
James Ferdinand III

"Well, it was no easy day for me, I can tell you," says James, obviously settling in for a prolonged story. "I went first to Marlowe's Tavern, hoping for some gossip about this beast that we face. I didn't find out much about that, but I did run into a fiery elven lass who seemed to think that we are wasting our time focusing on this beast. She indicated that a good-sized force of goblins and worgs is in the area, and that they are the real threat. After she rejected my offer to return with her and scout out the camp, I decided to check it out myself." James says this last part quickly, as if he doesn't want to go into any more detail.
"Then I traveled into the Gnarley Woods, seeking out the camp of the goblins. After some time, I came upon a track in the deep forest, which seemed to be that of a lone traveler. I spotted some blood along this trail, so I decided to follow it quickly, lest some person in need of help should perish from any lack of speed on my part. I followed the tracks until they disappeared on some hard ground. At that very moment, however, I discovered the goblin camp! It was in my attempt to get closer to the camp, to find out why the goblins and worgs are there, that I was caught by a cleverly concealed trap, which used thorns to inject this deadly poison into me. I thought that I recognized it, and I knew that the only antidote is made from the herb that is called the Unicorn's Horn, so I returned to Tres to find some. And that brings us to the point where I rejoined you.
James looks around, trying to gauge the reaction to his story.

Kuld

Explorer
Norgim

Norgim scratches his head. “Goblins’n worgs… How strong was their number? We should send word to Lord Guile’s men so we may meet up and strike at‘em before the sun rises again.”

scout989

First Post
James Ferdinand III

"I had not the time to count them, or even get close enough to count them, before I was afflicted with this noxious poison. However, the elven lass made it sound as though there were a goodly force of them. I have no doubt that we need more precise reconnaisance before we even think about confronting them."
OOC: How the hell do you spell reconnaisance anyway? :D

Remove ads