C&C: A Lion in the Ropes

scout989

First Post
James Ferdinand III

mps42 said:
"This elf, would it know where to get this herb you need?"
"Ah, perhaps she would, but she is, like me, a creature of the forest. She is no doubt out there right now, and unfindable by anyone not skilled in the ways of the woods... and I would not even attempt to find her until the new day has dawned. So, unless the brothers here have the herb I need, I must wait until tomorrow to find it. But come, tell me, what have you discovered this day?"

driver8

First Post
Brother Martin enters from the kitchen area, carrying a glass with a clear liquid in it. The liquid has a sweet smell, noticable to all as he proffers the glass to James.

"This should nuetralize any ill effects of the poison. Extract of Unicorn's Horn." The acolyte studies the woodsman. "But I think you are fine...either the poison was weak or your constitution resisted its effects. Well then, Ill leave you to discuss in peace."

With a slight bow, the young man disappears into the kitchen, closing the door behind him.

howandwhy99

Adventurer
Pausing for a second, Fatcoin reflects on where exactly Brother Martin exited from when he collected the antidote.

"We met Lord Giles who is quite elderly. All the same, he was quite lively when speaking to us. He is very worried about the attacks and I think he is willing to pay quite a bit of gold, if we stop them. However, he is adamant in his belief the attacker is a fiend. I very much doubt it. In my opinion, our best guess so far is the creature is a manticore playing some cruel game."

Looking over James, "Given your present condition we might have to consider the possibility of an elaborate hoax. Though why a family of goblins would operate like this is beyond me."

"You said you saw only a few goblins, correct? Perhaps we should do a little ambushing of our own? It is likely the answer to this mystery is on or in Flytrap Ridge and if there are goblins holed up there, I'm willing to bet they have something to do with it."

"How do you feel? Up for another fight?"

scout989

First Post
James Ferdinand III

"Aye, I'm ready to go! Those ugly bastards have a little something coming to them for setting out deadly poisons as they have. I'll happily crack a few of their heads over the matter!" James seems to be reinvigorated at the prospect.

Sado

First Post
Yondo

"I have my doubts as to whether a band of goblins could be behind these killings, "Yondo remarks. "But they do pose a threat nonetheless. Let's to it then, but let us not forget the greater threat we seek."

Kuld

Explorer
"Hmm, I must agree with Yondo... But ye never know." Norgim stands and adjusts his helm, "I'm all fer squishin' goblins. Heh, maybe we'll find that dumb mutt with the quick tongue and quicker feet. I'm guessin' he'll not run with the rest of his pack watchin."

howandwhy99

Adventurer
"If you know the way James, we will back you up. But we should diverge out of the forest and on to the ridge at some point." Fatcoin starts walking towards the treeline.

scout989

First Post
James Ferdinand III

James attempts to retrace his steps through the woods, (hopefully) with only a little difficulty. As he walks, he concentrates on the ground. He attempts to spot signs of both his earlier passage and of anyone who might have been following him.

Remove ads