[Call for Players] IC Goblin game

Dog Faced God

First Post
dreamthief said:
Interesting.. how about some history and background? Cha is 16 .. hmm unusual for a gob. You sure you don't want to make some stat changes? There need to be some ability adjustments as outlined in the first post as well.

I'm going to go Bbn/Sor/Lasher. I haven't totally plotted out his advancement, but I think I might knock his CHA down a couple points. I only really want the Sorcerer levels for buff spells, so I don't really need a high save DC for his spells.

His ability adjustments have already been made. Before his racial adjustments he was: (cost is in parens)

STR 17 (13)
DEX 12 (4)
CON 13 (5)
INT 8 (0)
WIS 8 (0)
CHA 15 (8)

Total cost: 30

A history, personality and some other stuff is posted
here.

Last edited:

Fenris2

First Post
Question about game

Looks kind of interesting. I am looking for a long term game that will have a good story arc. I have two questions so far.

1) Will you allow hobgoblins as well as ordinary goblins?
2) Could you give some more idea about where you want to take the game, balance between RP/H&S and your style of GMing?

Thanks,
Dave

dreamthief

First Post
mirthcard said:
dreamthief,

I know that you said that you don't have access to the PsiHB, but now that I'm looking, I kinda want to play a Blue (Psionic Goblin). Is there any way you could borrow the book from a friend or could I post the info here for you? If not, then I'll work on something else, but the Blue is calling to me...

Thanks,

Jay

Sorry Jay but I don't know anyone with the PsiHB. I think it'd be too difficult to post everything from there as well... :(

dreamthief

First Post
Dalamar said:
And here's a char, aiming to be a Deepwood Sniper.

Hi Dalamar, the ability adjustments are wrong. Gobs don't get +4 Dex. Also there's no need to put stuff in a txt file.. just post the stats up like Garyh has.

Dog Faced God, looks ok but would appreciate more background. All chars have a std 150gp to spend. So go equip yourself!

Garyh, same... go get your eqpt!

Fenris, Hobgobs? Right now no. That will disrupt the party balance.
I'm trying to have more role-playing with enough H&S to make it fun.

Ok players wise I've put down four:
Dalamar (Ftr)?
Mirth
Garyh (Conjurer)
DogFaced God (Barbarian)
Festy_Dog (Rogue)

I think that's sufficient. The problem with PBP games is the more players the harder it is to discuss moves and so on. If anyone else wants they can be put on the waiting list.

Thanks all! Waiting for your chars and will start the game soon.

DT

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
dreamthief said:

All chars have a std 150gp to spend. So go equip yourself!

Garyh, same... go get your eqpt!

Ok players wise I've put down four:
Dalamar (Ftr)?
Mirth
Garyh (Conjurer)
DogFaced God (Barbarian)
Festy_Dog (Rogue)

Thanks all! Waiting for your chars and will start the game soon.

DT

Glad I'm in!!

I already purchased equipment using 90 GP as my baseline; the 33 GP, 7 SP, 9 CP was change from that. However, I can't remember if I start with my familiar for free. If not, that's 100 GP and I'll have to trim the 6 GP 3 SP 1 CP over 150 GP I've spent. If not, I'll just keep the extra 60 GP and add it on to my funds for a total 93 GP and change, and maybe buy some scrolls.

Did you also need more background from me, or do I have enough to go on for now?

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
dreamthief said:

Hi Dalamar, the ability adjustments are wrong. Gobs don't get +4 Dex. Also there's no need to put stuff in a txt file.. just post the stats up like Garyh has.

Actually, looking at the points Dalamar has spent, he's used a 25 Point Buy. Go ahead and slap 5 more points on that bad boy!!

So far we have a Barbarian, Fighter, Rogue, and Conjurer.

Let's hope no one get's hurt. :D

Dog Faced God

First Post
Goubido Smash!!!

Here's what I've got so far:

Goubido:
Male Goblin Barbarian 1

STR: 15 (+2)
DEX: 14 (+2)
CON: 13 (+1)
INT: 8 (-1)
WIS: 8 (-1)
CHA: 13 (+1)

Speed: 40

HP: 13 AC: 16 (14 flatfooted)
15% Arcane spell failure, -1 Armor check penalty

Initiative: +2 (+2 DEX)
Base attack: +1

Melee attack: +4
Ranged attack: +4

Weapons:
Whip Dagger: 1d6 range: 15'
Halfspear: 1d6 range increment: 20'

Armor:
Spiked Leather Armor
Buckler

Skills: Bluff +2, Intimidate +3, Jump +3, Wilderness Lore +1, Handle Animal +2, Tumble +1

Feats: Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Whip
Class Features: Fast movement, Rage 1/day (17 rounds +4 STR & CON)

Equipment:
Whip Dagger
Spiked Leather Armor
Buckler

Backpack
Belt Pouch (4)
Caltrops
Candle(20)
Grapppling Hook
Silk Rope(50')
Lantern, Bullseye
Oil(3 pints)
Torches(5)
Signal Whistle
Waterskin
Trail Rations (8 days)

total weight: 41
Wealth: 10 gold, 3 silver, 5 copper

Background:Goubido was raised by his uncle Anojp after his mother (a goblin witch) and father were killed in a human raid. Goubido witnessed this brutal slaying (depicted elsewhere on this page), and is plagued by nightmares of it. Anojp taught him in the way of weapons, and how to harness his anger. Anojp also taught him that revenge against humans will not help: The only way to honor his parents' death is to earn respect for goblins everywhere. Now that the mighty Nitzuk has persuaded the other races to accept goblins, Goubido is itching to prove himself for his fellow goblins.

A character sheet, description and some other stuff about goubido can be found here.

Remove ads