• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Call of Cthulhu Saga Edition ;)

JPL

Adventurer
Glad to see you back at work, Gneech.

Now what you need to do next is a Cliffhangers SAGA, for the Indiana Jones / Mummy type stuff.

And the darn thing writes itself, you know. Tweak the skill list, use your Swords & Sorcery mechanics for the sorcery, drop the Jedi, and maybe rename a few things for flavor purposes --- Scoundrel = Adventurer? Scout = Explorer?

The_Gneech

Explorer
Glad to see you back at work, Gneech.

Now what you need to do next is a Cliffhangers SAGA, for the Indiana Jones / Mummy type stuff.

And the darn thing writes itself, you know. Tweak the skill list, use your Swords & Sorcery mechanics for the sorcery, drop the Jedi, and maybe rename a few things for flavor purposes --- Scoundrel = Adventurer? Scout = Explorer?

Ya just wrote half of it as it is! ;)

Noble --> Socialite
Scholar --> Well, Scholar, actually.
Scoundrel --> Adventurer
Warrior --> Soldier

Change "Craft" to "Mechanics," "Heal" to "Treat Injury," add the firearms feats back in, and you're pretty much ready to go.

-The Gneech :cool:

JPL

Adventurer
Ya just wrote half of it as it is! ;)

Noble --> Socialite
Scholar --> Well, Scholar, actually.
Scoundrel --> Adventurer
Warrior --> Soldier

Change "Craft" to "Mechanics," "Heal" to "Treat Injury," add the firearms feats back in, and you're pretty much ready to go.

-The Gneech :cool:

Hey, this RPG design stuff is easy!

I remember there was a d20 pulp project (which never saw daylight) that was going to have as its classes the Man of Mystery, the Man of Action, and the Man of Science. I always liked that.

Can't quite make it work for the SAGA classes, though --- I guess the Scholar could be the Man of Letters, and maybe you could do a Man of the the World for an explorer-type, but calling the Noble "the Man of Connections and / or Leadership/Persuasion" just doesn't have as good a ring.

The_Gneech

Explorer
"Man of the World" perhaps? "Man of Class?" Or even just the dull but descriptive "Leader."

I seem to recall that Deadlands d20 had a "Mad Scientist" class, that might be worth pulling over...

-TG :cool:

Remove ads