• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Campaign Ideas for Mutants and Masterminds?

Beale Knight

First Post
rootbeergnome said:
Thanks for the great advice guys! I am actually a very avid comic book reader, I love the New X-Men, if you havent read it yet, check it out, but seriously, I have never run much of anything but DnD. While Im a good DM, it is hard for me to convert my thinking from fantasy to comic book stories, I have a hard time coming up with original powers and really cool villains. At any rate, I think I want something that is compelling but not necessarily overdone. I am a big fan of the teenager/mutants coping with their powers while coping with growing up, but its a bit over-used. Any other ideas out there? All of your feedback is much appreciated, thanks a lot guys.
-RB Gnome

If you happen to have any of the old Freak Force comics from Image, go back and give them a read. The series ran in the early '90s and was about a group of dissparite heroes forming a team without a lot of money. Their motivations for staying together were varied, but all of them were attracted to the "super-hero" life style.

Do you have a world plan/history of heroes in mind yet? If there's been super-heroes in the world before and or currently, that'll have a profound impact on the setting the PCs will have to contend with. Alternatly, it can be great fun running a world where the PCs are the first super-heroes - ever!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads