Campaign Website(s)

DarrenGMiller

First Post
Not sure who else has a campaign website that they use, or to what extent they use it, but I would like to share mine. We use it for everything from character backgrounds, calendars, session logs, off and on-topic chat and messages, photos of people and places from the campaign, and even in-character chat, messages and role-playing between sessions.

Do you have a campaign website? What do you use it for? Care to post a link to it?

Wolfgang

RichGreen

Adventurer
Hi,

Great site. I particularly like the news stories - that kind of thing is great for a modern campaign.

I don't really have a proper campaign website, but session logs for the games I DM and play in as well as the material I'm developing for the Parsantium campaign are posted to my livejournal. When I ran Red Hand of Doom, all the character backgrounds, some maps and the illustrations one of the players did all ended up on there too. A proper website would be better though - I just have no idea how to build one!

Cheers

Richard

Gilladian

Adventurer
Somebody had a long list of campaign websites at one point.

There's also the www.thecbg.org site; Campaign Builder's Guild. Most everyone there has a site, by the very nature of things. If you like to browse people's sites for good ideas, and discuss them, it's a great place to hang out.

DarrenGMiller

First Post
Somebody had a long list of campaign websites at one point.

There's also the www.thecbg.org site; Campaign Builder's Guild. Most everyone there has a site, by the very nature of things. If you like to browse people's sites for good ideas, and discuss them, it's a great place to hang out.

I liked your wiki. Definitely counts (in my book) as a form of campaign website. It would be cool if there was a central place, here or elsewhere, to serve as a clearinghouse of sorts for campaign sites. Just a list of links and short descriptions of the campaign, like system, genre, etc.

Wolfgang

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I have my own RPG wiki for my homebrewed worlds and ideas. (Link is in my sig.) I also have yahoo groups dedicated to my most important campaign settings.

However, I haven't update my wiki in a while as the interface isn't as intuitive as it used to be. I, more often, update my threads here on EN World. I've sort of made it the unoffical home for World of Kulan, which is my main D&D campaign.

I do have my own forums but they don't get much traffic. At least, not yet. ;)

Cheers!

KF72

Gilladian

Adventurer
I liked your wiki. Definitely counts (in my book) as a form of campaign website.

Wolfgang

Thanks! I've been working on it for several years, but I don't find that I can keep "active accounts" of ongoing games up to date. Maybe now, as I just started running Rise of the Runelords AP (not in my campaign world), I could manage a page about it - much less work involved in running an Adventure Path, I hope.

Remove ads