• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Can Anyone Help Me Find This Necro-Harem Scenario?

khantroll

Explorer
Hello. I was wondering if some one here could help me find something. My group has just started running a desert campaign, and I am trying to line out our adventures. I remember reading a scenario/adventure hook/idea one time that went something like this:

One of the PCs receives a letter that some one they care about has been kidnapped. They and the party investigate, only to find that the person in question has been taken to a harem that specializes in zombie harem girls made to order. This of course puts the party in a position of confronting the necromancer or cleric in charge and finding a way to save their friend, destroying the entire operation, or perhaps taking over the action.

I'm pretty sure this is from a printed book rather then a website, but I could be wrong. I'd appreciate any help anyone can offer.

P.S. I've plumbed Dungeon for Al-Qadim adventures, and adapted FR's Desert of Desolation. Does anyone else have any suggestions for desert adventures?

Last edited:

Nifft

Penguin Herder
They and the party investigate, only to find that the person in question has been taken to a harem that specializes in zombie harem girls made to order.
Wow. I have no idea which adventure this is, I just have to say wow.

P.S. I've plumbed Dungeon for Al-Qadim adventures, and adapted FR's Desert of Desolation. Does anyone else have any suggestions for desert adventures?
What level range, and which edition?

"Welcome to the site", -- N

khantroll

Explorer
Wow. I have no idea which adventure this is, I just have to say wow.

Yeah, tell me about it. It's evil, but that's the point. I'm trying to drive home the fact that the party should be heroes, not people with soap-opera-like shifting alignments. To make it even more interesting, I'm in cahoots with one of the better players who is playing a Paladin of Freedom. ;)

Edition and level really don't matter. I'm willing to adapt. It's a 3.5 game, but I'm having to adapt a lot of material from 2E. I'm thinking about Desert Nomads from Expert D&D, but that's a little more conversion work and I'm not terribly fond of it as an adventure anyway.

Last edited:

Nagol

Unimportant
The only thing even vaguely similar that I can think of is The Pleasure Prison of the B'thuvian Demon Whore which is a (very tongue in cheek) module for a DM and a single player.

I can't recall very much about it; I'm not even sure it fits, really.

Volaran

First Post
No idea as far as the zombie harem goes.

As far as desert adventures, Paizo's Legacy of Fire adventure path was their last one published in 3.5 and was very well received.

It sounds like you probably wouldn't want to run the players through it from the start, but there is probably a fair amount of material that you could adapt or cherry pick.

khantroll

Explorer
Nagol: I picked up a copy of E23, Pleasure Palace of the B'Thuvian Demon Whore from sjgames website. You weren't kidding about tongue-in-cheek. It isn't the one I'm looking for, but I think I can use it as a pretty funny low level adventure for the group. Not a bad find at all.

Volaran: Great suggestion on the Legacy of Fire. From the descriptions, there is quite a bit to be mine there, particularly for the higher levels where I'm a little shy at present.

Last edited:

Gilladian

Adventurer
When I ran a (short-lived) campaign set in an ancient egyptian setting, I adapted The Whispering Cairn from the AoW adventure path; I intended to have them end up on a rod of seven parts type quest, and that was the first part. But the campaign fell apart not long after.

It worked very well indeed, being set deep in a narrow valley not far off the "Nile" river, with an evil mining boss controlling the only village nearby.

clip

First Post
It could be "The Book or Erotic Fantasy". I think there's a list of plot seeds and that sounds like the sort of thing that's in there.

Nagol

Unimportant
There's also the Necropolis adventure set from Necromancer Games. From memory, it uses an Eygptian feeling area.

It starts with Set's Daughters, a 10th? level adventure.

Have to say I clicked on this thread just because of the title!

It's not exactly what you're referring to, but an old 3e Dungeon adventure is very similar, and might be able to modify. The Porphyry House Horror, from the 'sealed section' Dungeon mag that was a Book of Vile Darkness tie-in. Afaik it involves a sorceror who is polymorphing people (and creatures, including otyughs!) into slaves for a brothel. The plot revolves around the proprietors trying to find high-Charisma monsters (hence Otyughs...) for 'conversion', since polymorph doesn't affect mental stats and high-Cha brothel slaves are more in demand.

I can't remember the Dungeon edition number, but you should be able to google it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads