• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Can anyone identify what miniature line/series this is?

Mikaze

First Post
This has been bugging me.

I remember seeing a series of miniatures about 10 or so years ago that would be a perfect fit for a group in my homebrew setting. Unfortunately, I only remember what they look like. I don't know the name of the company that made them or the names of the miniatures themselves, or even if they were metal or plastic.

They were a series of female monks, seemingly all of the same order. They may have actually been some type of Amazon, but they all had a monk-ish feel to them, particularly in their garb. The most distinctive thing about them was that many or most of them were bald save for a long ponytail. Many of them were unarmed fighters, some may have had slings or bows.

That's it.

Does anyone have any clue what I'm thinking of? I don't know if they were made for some miniatures game or if they were a 3rd party line of minis for RPGs. I don't even remember where I saw them, except that it was on an online minis store way back when Diablo 2 was still all the rage.

halp

Pramas

Explorer
The only line of female monk minis I can recall is the Sisters of Sigmar from GW's Mordheim range. They had big hammers though.

MythosaAkira

Explorer
The only line of female monk minis I can recall is the Sisters of Sigmar from GW's Mordheim range. They had big hammers though.

Reaper had a similar set (Dark Heaven, not L5R) that looked like "battle nuns".

Don't think they're what the OP is looking for either, though. But still cool figs :)

frankthedm

First Post

m125219899111102006mord.jpg

img691.imageshack.us/img691/7611/m125219899111102006mord.jpg

The ones with ponytails also had their eyes covered with bandanas IIRC

Last edited:

Mikaze

First Post
Ah, probably should have clarified.

Martial artist-type monks.

Thanks for the links guys. No matches so far, but I'm still working through Lostminis' galleries.

They may have been part of Reaper's line for L5R.

Reaper was one of the first places I hit, since they've still got a lot of their old stuff up on their site. No joy.

AEG's Ise Zumi for Clan War? They were mostly male, but I do remember a female one.

Nah, these were exclusively female IIRC.

I was trying to remember if some of Crystal Caste's prepainted miniatures might've been in that style, but it doesn't look like it.

Still something to go back to later though!

This site is a pretty handy resource for tracking down figures:

Main Page - Lost Minis Wiki

There are a number of gaps, but it's at least a good place to start.

This is a great site, by the way.

m125219899111102006mord.jpg

img691.imageshack.us/img691/7611/m125219899111102006mord.jpg

The ones with ponytails also had their eyes covered with bandanas IIRC

Yep, Augers. Blind warpstone hunters, IIRC.

Mordheim not being fully supported makes me sad.

Last edited:

Remove ads