D&D 5E Can I take the Superior Technique fighting style twice?

ECMO3

Hero
If I take the Superior Technique style through the fighting initiate feat, can I then take a level in fighter and take it again for another maneuver and a 2nd die?

The reason why is I am playing a Rogue-Cleric and I get in situations where I want to use CD or cast a spell and I also want to sneak attack. I already have Martial Adept with quick toss, but it is only once per short rest. If I took another feat and a level in fighter I could do it 3 times per short rest. A 2-level dip would also give action surge

Last edited:

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
If I take the Superior Technique style through the fighting initiate feat, can I then take a level in fighter and take it again for a 2nd maneuver and a 2nd die?

Your martial training has helped you develop a particular style of fighting. As a result, you learn one Fighting Style option of your choice from the fighter class. If you already have a style, the one you choose must be different.

Whenever you reach a level that grants the Ability Score Improvement feature, you can replace this feat's fighting style
with another one from the fighter class that you don't have.

Am I missing something?

ECMO3

Hero
No

You can take a feat only once unless the feat's description says otherwise.
I am only taking the feats once:

Martial Adept feat once - 2 maneuvers and 1 superiority die

Fighting initiate feat once - Superior Technique fighting style, 1 maneuver and 1 superiority die

ECMO3

Hero
Your martial training has helped you develop a particular style of fighting. As a result, you learn one Fighting Style option of your choice from the fighter class. If you already have a style, the one you choose must be different.

Whenever you reach a level that grants the Ability Score Improvement feature, you can replace this feat's fighting style
with another one from the fighter class that you don't have.

Am I missing something?
Ah good catch. this means I can either triple class to get the fighting style or take the feat to get the fighting style, but not both.

Remove ads