• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Can two people Strike at the same time?

Tagnik

First Post
Is it possible for two players to roll an attack that goes off simultaniously?

Perhaps if they withheld actions/ delayed init/ prepared action?

how do they do it more than once in a combat sequence?

I've been reading these boards for a while now lurking away but this is the first question i've really thought of and couldn't find an answer.

The help would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks!

Tag

Crothian

First Post
From my understanding people with the same initiative attack at the same time. Now, the group I'm with has the person with the highest Dex mopdifier go first, but I don't know if that's their rule or a book rule. At least I don't recall ever reading it.

Caliban

Rules Monkey
Crothian said:
From my understanding people with the same initiative attack at the same time. Now, the group I'm with has the person with the highest Dex mopdifier go first, but I don't know if that's their rule or a book rule. At least I don't recall ever reading it.

PHB, page 120, Initiative Checks; last two sentences: "If two or more combatants have the same initiative check result, the combatants who are tied go in order of Dexterity (highest first). If there is still a tie, flip a coin."

Crothian

First Post
Caliban said:

PHB, page 120, Initiative Checks; last two sentences: "If two or more combatants have the same initiative check result, the combatants who are tied go in order of Dexterity (highest first). If there is still a tie, flip a coin."

As always, Thanks Caliban. :D

Tagnik

First Post
In some splat book there's a feat that allows some kind of Duel attack where instead of Plus 2 for flanking, if you both have the feat you both get Plus 4 instead.

but.. is it possible to just delay an init or prepare an action "when he attacks I attack with him"

a Dual Strike type of thing?? and can it be done more than once?

Crothian

First Post
Tagnik said:
In some splat book there's a feat that allows some kind of Duel attack where instead of Plus 2 for flanking, if you both have the feat you both get Plus 4 instead.

but.. is it possible to just delay an init or prepare an action "when he attacks I attack with him"

a Dual Strike type of thing?? and can it be done more than once?

Actually that feat is in the Sword and fist classbook. It doesn't require the two people to attack at the same time. Each person flanking needs to have this feat, and they both get +4 to attack instead of +2.

Celtavian

Dragon Lord
Re

I let them attack at the same time if their Dex is equal, this can make for an intriguing combat such as a PC and an NPC dropping at the same time.

Stalker0

Legend
I'd allow delaying or reading to go at the same time.

Example, two guys want to bullrush an opponent together, one delays till the other's turn, and then both start the bullrush, with a +2 bonus for assistance.

Remove ads