D&D (2024) Can we change the title of this forum now?

Well I think the issue is still tied together.

Until WotC makes it clear which way One D&D is going.
WotC have been clear, people are just jumping to conclusions because their OGL plans did not come to fruition. It is possible they could change course, but I see no reason to assume that.

Regardless of that, the 1D&D playtest really is separate from the OGL and it would be nice to have a forum for that.

I guess some restructuring might be beneficial - I was about to suggest a specific subforum for all the 5e compatible games (since I like that the TTRPG General forum is specifically not about D&D). But potentially Morrus and the moderators are already discussing this.
Personally I feel the 5e compatible games should just be in the 5e forum and once the playtest is complete, discussion about ‘24 D&D should also go in the 5e forum. There are using the same basic foundation.

Personally, I'd rather they remain together until Hasbro announces the license for OneDND. Until they do that, the future of third party D&D content is an unresolved question.

Personally, I'd rather they remain together until Hasbro announces the license for OneDND. Until they do that, the future of third party D&D content is an unresolved question.
I can see that, I disagree, but I see your argument. However, I really just want the title changed - I care less about what people choose to discuss.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
Yeah. The organization of the forum is a bit wonky. And it's only going to get weirder with the recent drama and the 6-7 specifically 5E compatible games announced...plus all the others that will come along because of the CC thing.

Official D&D. Only officially branded, current edition D&D stuff, I guess...plus the occasional "general" D&D thread...plus the occasional A5E thread.

One D&D/6E & OGL. All the drama and edition change stuff. So what happens to all this when 6E is launched? Does it get moved into the Official D&D forum? Does it get removed entirely? Renamed and hidden until there's another edition change?

Older D&D. Plus 13th Age and other d20 related games...except Path & Star...but somehow not the 5E clones?

General TTRPGs. Everything else, including...paradoxically...5E clone games, except A5E.

If it made sense at all the 5E clones would go in the 5E forum, or the "older D&D" forum. Not the TTRPG forum.
I would very much like all the 5e-based games to be under the general D&D 5e forum, but Level Up should still have its own forum here on ENWorld. 6e/5.5e/OneD&D/whatever you want to call the new edition can have its own forum, evolving from this one.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
Personally I feel the 5e compatible games should just be in the 5e forum and once the playtest is complete, discussion about ‘24 D&D should also go in the 5e forum. There are using the same basic foundation.
See, I feel WotC crowds out discussion of other 5e games. That's why I want WotC to have their own forum for their current edition, but still have a general 5e forum for general questions and discussions involving other creators.

See, I feel WotC crowds out discussion of other 5e games. That's why I want WotC to have their own forum for their current edition, but still have a general 5e forum for general questions and discussions involving other creators.
5e is the current edition and will be for a long time. I don’t see a reason or separate it. Just discuss 3PP stuff in the 5e forum

I would very much like all the 5e-based games to be under the general D&D 5e forum, but Level Up should still have its own forum here on ENWorld. 6e/5.5e/OneD&D/whatever you want to call the new edition can have its own forum, evolving from this one.
Why do you feel A5e should be separated from the rest of the 3PP 5e offerings?

Remove ads