• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) Can we change the title of this forum now?

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
That will still be 5e though, a lot more so than a lot of 3PP content you want to put together!
See, that's the issue. I don't see the new edition as the same as 5e. And given that they want people to buy the core books again, and how much player-facing content is being changed, I don't believe WotC sees it as the same either in any sense beyond marketing.

See, that's the issue. I don't see the new edition as the same as 5e. And given that they want people to buy the core books again, and how much player-facing content is being changed, I don't believe WotC sees it as the same either in any sense beyond marketing.
I know we disagree on this, so I’m not going to get into a point counter point argument.

So let’s go this way, what if you’re wrong? The walk back the playtest and ‘24 is the same with some errata only. Can it stay in the 5e forum then?

Besides, I really like Level Up, and any 3pp lumped in with WotC will be inevitably crowded out by the WotC noise.
But if you want to change the minds of the 5e masses, they might need A5e and other 3PP in the same forum. They can learn about if they don’t read about it. Heck, I find out about most 3PP content from the 5e forum now.

Micah Sweet

I know we disagree on this, so I’m not going to get into a point counter point argument.

So let’s go this way, what if you’re wrong? The walk back the playtest and ‘24 is the same with some errata only. Can it stay in the 5e forum then?
Sure, I suppose. That would extremely unlikely, as there would be little reason to spend another $200 on the new books, and little reason to discuss the errata you're talking about for long, but sure. Even then though, part of the problem as I see it is that WotC discussion is so darn loud that it drowns out everything else wherever it is discussed.

Micah Sweet

But if you want to change the minds of the 5e masses, they might need A5e and other 3PP in the same forum. They can learn about if they don’t read about it. Heck, I find out about most 3PP content from the 5e forum now.
Sure, and you can discuss A5e in the general 5e forum right now (at least, I think you can). News about Level Up is posted on the front page here. I just don't object to having A5e on its own forum as well on its home discussion site. Anywhere you can talk about 3pp without necessarily drowning in WotC discussions on the same forum is good to me.

Sure, and you can discuss A5e in the general 5e forum right now (at least, I think you can). News about Level Up is posted on the front page here. I just don't object to having A5e on its own forum as well on its home discussion site. Anywhere you can talk about 3pp without necessarily drowning in WotC discussions on the same forum is good to me.
My worry with segregated forums is the non WotC will toil in relative obscurity. That is my basic impression of the A5e forum and Pathfinder forum even more so. They traffic is very light compared to the general 5e forum

Remove ads