• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Can you identify this supplement?

Agamon

Adventurer
You can't gloat about being first if you're wrong, Ari. ;)

I pulled out my copy of The Book of Lairs to be sure. The 1st encounter is "Armorer", but the 2nd is "Ogre Mage", except the OM is polymorphed to look like a fire giant and is guarding a pass thought the mountains. It's memorbale because of the full page picture of the "giant" standing behind brambles blocking the pass.

Ring a bell, Kafkonia?

Last edited:

Agamon said:
You can't gloat about being first if you're wrong, Ari. ;)

Sure I can. I can gloat about being the first person to suggest X, as long as other peopel also suggested X, even if the answer is actually Y. :p

As I said, must get out more. ;)

Wik

First Post
Agamon said:
Giant in a canyon...that's the Book of Lairs I, I'm pretty sure. The border is dark red.

TSR9177_180.jpeg

Ah, memories. In sixth grade, I once ran an entire campaign (with at least twelve players at one point!) based off encounters from Book of Lairs 1 & 2. I still steal stuff from 'em, from time to time.

phindar

First Post
I've played through that adventure. Ogre magi polymorphed into a fire giant guarding a mountain pass. That would have been '94ish. Jeez, 13 years ago. Its weird what you remember. (I was playing a half-orc fighter named Ingut Blackdog, morningstar/shield fighter. Played three or four sessions with another group. We fought the ogre magi, then saved some people captured by gnolls in a swamp. That was the combat I rolled 4 20's, not right in a row, but fairly close together.)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads