• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Can't connect to the URL, only the IP

unleashed

First Post
Nifelhein said:
Thanks for reposting ym problem, Darkness, I have been able to connect to the site just today, quick and simple. I will have to compare pinging with trace route to see what is happening now that wasn't before.

I advise people to ask those facign the issue to see if they can connect now.
No, still can't connect without having to change over to my ISPs proxy server, and the only difference in access between that and my standard connection is a different range of IP addresses.

IronWolf

blank
EN World's DNS information checks out on all the root servers for the .org domains. They all reference the same set of nameservers and the nameservers both return 65.127.163.19 as the IP for www.enworld.org. This was checked through DNS Stuff.

For people that are having trouble - assuming you are running a Windows 2000 or higher or a Linux box what do you get when you type the following from a command prompt (Start | Run | cmd):

Code:
nslookup www.enworld.org

Malvoisin

First Post
Land Outcast, located in Uruguay, has also been unable to access the site for over a week now. I was in contact with him via e-mail, and he was surprised that the site was up and running...he assumed there was another crash.

edit: Tonks is another poster who has been unable to access the site.

In both of these cases, their last posts were on August 23. They haven't been able to reach the site since.

Last edited:

Nifelhein

First Post
Compared to the trace route I did while I was unable to get to ENWorld )over at rpg.net, read the thread here) I get the same route, but now, as pointed out on the thread, cust.neotechus.com does not stop responding.

What troubles me is that nothing really changed between now and when i couldn't get here, the path is the very same, except now that one place, which may be DNS related, works for me right now, but when it will stop and why, beats me. If this is the same, then we could try to solve the issue with Neotechus, or NeoTech U.S. who seems to be somehow the reason behind all this.

They are a co-server and secondary DNS for single server. I suggest that we gather all those we know that cannot get to ENWorld on the thread I made over at RPG.net, that way we could easily know if any of them are still getting the problem.

Cheers,

Nif.

*bump*

I'm still getting this problem after over a week - I can't get ENWorld at all at home, so to write this post I've had to sneak on here at work and hope the boss doesn't notice. Has anyone pestered Neotech US about this or anything? It's getting really frustrating.

I've posted trace route details in Nifelhein's rpg.net thread.

Klaus

First Post
I can connect to the URL only by using a proxy server (currently in Croatia). It´s faster than the one in Lithuania I used last week.

So this has been going on for a week for me.

How do I trace the route details?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads