• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Can't give XP after clicking on a subscribed thread from the Control Panel

Noumenon

First Post
Confirmed on IE at work and Firefox at home. Nothing pops up when I click the thumbs up button in a thread I arrived at from my list of subscribed threads. Once I post in the thread, then I can give XP again.

Noumenon

First Post
Hey, I figured it out. When the URL you are at starts with "www.enworld.org," giving XP works. When the URL starts with "enworld.org," giving XP does not work. That's kind of funny, this problem following me to different browsers and computers because of the way I type the URLs.

Will this be fixed? I'm sure there are other people out there like me who have been mystified for a month or so why XP suddenly stopped working, but not reporting it because some of the time it does work and they don't know what to say is wrong.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I can't replicate it, assuming I'm understanding you correctly. I'm seeing no threads that don't start "www", either in my subscribed thread list or elsewhere.

Noumenon

First Post
You would be typing the URL in the address bar (like one has to on a computer you don't own) and leaving off the www because it usually doesn't matter.

This is my entry point to the site:
http://enworld.org/forum/usercp.php. Of course with modern browsers I don't have to type that every day -- just "en" is usually enough for the rest to fill in. But I still type it a lot because I use about five different computers regularly and they get their caches cleared.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
You would be typing the URL in the address bar (like one has to on a computer you don't own) and leaving off the www because it usually doesn't matter.

This is my entry point to the site:
http://enworld.org/forum/usercp.php. Of course with modern browsers I don't have to type that every day -- just "en" is usually enough for the rest to fill in. But I still type it a lot because I use about five different computers regularly and they get their caches cleared.

I'd suggest using the correct URL to access the site. The correct URL is www.enworld.org. If you bookmark it, you don't have to keep typing it.

Noumenon

First Post
The correct URL is www.enworld.org.

Many people disagree. Requiring the www is abnormal. (Sorry, I have a philosophy of product design that you don't blame the user first, even if the user can fix the problem by changing their behavior to conform to your product.)

As soon as I figured out what was causing this it ceased to be a problem for me, but people who log in from work, from libraries, and other computers where they can't bookmark, will still experience it. Not a lot of people, not a pressing issue, but I'd still call it a bug.

Remove ads