Cantina Closing Bash - Poll

F

Fenmarel

Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean everyone else was the same, Fen.

Umm I think the attendance for the room answers that statement nicely. If everyone that is so big on having a big blow out would have done their part to support a room they supposedly liked then it wouldn't be shutting down now would it? I am not saying that it didn't have its small support BUT why should the moderators go through the trouble of setting up a big party when there will be a very very small turn up like when it was actually up and running? I think anything other than just deleting the room is a waste of time for the moderators. Just like with Reesa's dances, if the turn out is high it will be a shock. Many will vote for the party but how many do you think will actually turn up? The room died not that slowly so why should its total passing be any different?

I just think it is a bit hypocritical seeing that if people that had an interest in the room would have made it a point to show up there on a regular basis it wouldn't be shutting down. So why should a party be thrown for those very people?

R

Rhane Arturant

Just delete it, I say.

Yay. I voted.

But really. Remember all the talk there was about Reesa's Arabian Nights dance? And then when It came to it, no one turned up? A party would really just be the waste of an evening for the moderators and the couple of people that actually turn up.

Dontella

First Post
Some of us visited the Cantina, often. I know personally, Beff, Teg', Dannyboy, Spyder, and Dionan frequented the place often.

Not to mention Aryx and company..

Edit: And Reesa..

The following for the Cantina was small, very small, but we were all big fans. The low numbers present, are due to the fact that not everyone is a sci-fi fan.

I personally was in there alot! *sighs* Until it died, and so one last big farewell bash would be most welcome on my part, and I know for certain, on the parts of those who truly enjoyed the setting.

Though you might not approve, don't let others miss the chance to say farewell in style. As I said, we are small in number, yes, always have been... but we are loyal in following.

IF you didn't bother with the Cantina before, why are you bothering now? Obviously you never protested having the room open, so why not let those of us who enjoyed it, go out in style?

WE are the ones who liked it, let US decide. I think this poll should only be for those Cantina visitors, and not just random patrons who happen by. This was our setting, let us pick the best way to end it, not the hapless masses.

Davon

First Post
Is it just to go for the minor view..but I would have thought that just having the room open for one last night was the way to go. For those that turn up they can throw a little party if they want, remember the timezone probs for the time of a specific event. I did like the room, but it was (for me) a minor part of the site, and I admit that, it is a shame it has gone, but give it dignity, not a big whoop, and not an out of sight grave, but a last open night to RP like we used to...just make sure the date is well posted!

F

Fenmarel

Actually Dontella I have bothered with the Cantina before. I had two characters that would go there now and then when folks were actually there to roleplay with other than just sitting in a room alone twiddling my thumbs. Since I have visited the room and did have an interest in the theme I think I have as much right to vote as the ones that went there and liked the setting.

So basically only the ones that actually liked it in its entirety should be allowed to vote? hmm sounds like what a third world country does with elections, you can vote but only for the person or idea we support. Sorry I don't agree with that tyrannical line of thinking. ANYONE that visited the room should be allowed to vote on it not just those that enjoyed it. Why should only one line of thinking be heard? I visited the room and didn't like it. So since I didn't I shouldn't be allowed to have a say so? So basically if I don't like something onsite I should never speak up is what it sounds like to me. I was under the impression this was a community not a dispotic empire? If some of us don't like what is going on we should just keep our mouths shut because a few people do like what is going on? That last paragraph seems to say that very clearly.

Sorry about this but I don't go along with the idea of a party. As I said before if it had TRUE support not just lip service the room would be up and running. True support would have been what many do in the other ISRP rooms, bringing in friends from other chat sites or friends they might have met in real life, or urging the friends they have already onsite that they know are interested in the theme to come and join the fun. If more of the players would have done that we wouldn't be having this discussion right now.

Let the room just die like the support that it supposedly had.

Jason

B

Bhryn Astairre

Simple, quiet affair.

I didnt go to the cantina much, so it's not a big thing in my eyes. Sorry folks.

Nic xx

Dontella

First Post
If you visited, then by all means vote..

I mean, that Joe bob37 comes on, sees the poll, decides it'd be funny to jerk around, votes crazy..

Don't twist my words around.. *shakes a finger like someone's mother, or worse.. grandmother.. Aieeee!*

S

Spyder_Starlight

This Splicer, Decker is definately going to miss the Rock, especially that little droid.

I'd hate to see it go down, without a fight.

W

WizO_Reesa

It's really great to see so many people interested in the Finale for the Cantina, be it a big bang send off, or a quiet night of role-playing, or even simply deleting the room and letting it go quietly. I am witnessing some very strong opinions here, and we do appreciate all of you voicing your comments. Just remember that these are everyone's personal opinions and there is no right or wrong way of thinking. Please be careful not to turn this into a flame war attacking one another.

If you do not have something positive to contribute to the closing, like suggestions for events were the votes to swing the direction of a big bang blow out, then I would like to suggest simply clicking on your vote to have it heard without posting.

Thanks very much!
Reesa

J

Jaya Ballard Balla'th

Bells and Whistles.

Joe_9387672 has no place to dictate what happens, but that doesn't mean anyone else is excluded. Fen's entitled to his opinion.

For the record, however, those of us who Did play in there didn't give it lip service, thank you much. I know that the only plots I've ever bothered to create and run have been Sci-Fi side, not Fantasy. And I've had more fun there, to boot. The frequent patrons (IE, the ones that showed up for more than one or two sessions? :p) contributed constantly. Lip service or too much talking was never a problem... there was almost always a plot running. The problem.. was that yes, there was no large amount of players. Not that the ones the Cantina had were slackers. Most of them were/are some of the best contributers to the site I'd seen in a long time.

I've got NPCs up to my nose to play and volunteer with, if anyone has any ideas already.... and do we send said-ideas to you, Adders?

~Jaya B'lanth Balla'th's Player
~Tegar Balarine's Player

Remove ads