D&D 5E Carrion Crown Pathfinder Adventure Path converted to 5e

DNDScholar

First Post
This thread is meant to host the links to my Carrion Crown conversion. Now that I have two done, I thought it would be good to keep them on a single thread. for ease of perusal. As each one is added, I will update this thread. These conversions are free to use but require ownership (in one form or another) of the original Pathfinder adventures to use.

Over the next year I will be completing all six of the conversions for this adventure path and playtesting them. Because of my playtesting, I frequently update these files. I will keep a revision history available on this thread and will post an update whenever a revision is completed. The playtest is livestreamed, you can watch our game (which plays roughly every two weeks) here:

https://www.twitch.tv/morga_knight/

Enjoy exploring the dark corners of Ustalav!

#1 The Haunting of Harrowstone

The death of a friend. Letters painted in blood. Sobbing coming from the prison on the hill. Will the heroes be able to solve the mystery of the town of Ravengro, or will their souls become trapped like the others in the Haunting of Harrowstone?

In this adventure designed for three to four characters starting at level 1, players come to a town with a dark history in order to bury an old ally. From here things quickly spiral out of control and the players get wrapped up in investigating the history of the town and encountering the spirits that haunt it.

This is my conversion of the Pathfinder adventure to D&D 5. It converts all mechanics, dungeons, monsters, NPCs, and items and also seeks to solve some of the larger issues that weren’t addressed in the original, many of which were pointed out by fans throughout the years and by the developers themselves. New mechanics include the trust system, the haunt system, and a range of interesting ghosts and encounters that could be used in your own adventures!

#2 Trial of the Beast

The mob demands blood after the capture of a legendary monster. But is the monster guilty? Can a creature without a soul be defended? Can the heroes prove the Beast's innocence, or have they been handed an impossible task?

In this adventure designed for three to four characters starting at level 4, players are turned into investigative defense lawyers for a terrible Beast that has long roamed the Viestadt countryside. Their investigations will take them to dark towns, a destroyed asylum, and a mad alchemist's castle on a twisted search for the truth.

This is my conversion of the Pathfinder adventure to D&D 5. New content for DND 5 includes a range of interesting beasts and alchemical items that could be used in your own adventures!

#3 Broken Moon

Wolves howling in the night. A distant scream of terror. Whispers gently rolling from the shadows. These are the songs that usher adventurers into the Shudderwood for a brush with the supernatural perils of lycanthropy.

This adventure is designed for three 1to four characters, taking them from level 7 to level 9, and throughout its course players will encounter curses and old powers that will challenge their skills and abilities more than any adventure they've yet embarked on. They will run with wolves, meet the undead in combat, and may even come face to face with a goddess.

This conversion will cover every situation, encounter, and challenge you may encounter in the original. It also seeks to solve some of the issues that have come up in playthroughs of the original module. It contains a ton of new werewolf and undead enemies for use in any of your D&D 5 campaigns!

Last edited:

DNDScholar

First Post
Revision history

Haunting of Harrowstone (last updated 12/16/18)
1.2: removed images, changed the Lopper's reaction to fire, added hitpoints for Splatterman's rats.
1.3: changed lockpicking checks
1.4: adjusted some stats, changed the leveling suggestions, clarified some rules
1.5: added in suggested stats for Kendra
1.6: fixed some formatting issues that caused key text to be cut off.
2.0: adjusted research tables, added in some missing DCs for small events, clarified lockpick checks
2.1: overall, made many fights harder in response to playtesting
2.2: Changed haunt siphon and added haunt hitpoints
2.3: Added in random encounter table for Harrowstone and rules for using it during rests
2.4: updated statistics for following enemies, making them more resilient (in part to counteract the ghosts' loss of possession): giant centipedes, flaming skulls, screaming skulls, Father Charltan, Mosswater Marrauder, Splatterman.
2.5 Continuing to make minor changes to stats here and there to make combat in the prison more difficult. One major change was to Gurtis Vortch: full stats added for him.
2.6 Prominent spirits inside of Harrowstone have been given immunity to turn undead.
3.0 First update post playtest. Changed level up markers, adjusted enemy numbers throughout, removed ability to break down most doors, adjusted health on Giant Stirge, greatly changed the way the Father Charltan and Piper battles work, adjusted the strength of professor Lorrimor's zombie, changed damage in collapsing house, fine tuned individual haunt mechanics, adjusted the Lopper's decapitate ability, adjusted Splatterman AC, adjusted the rules around the Piper's pipe.

Trial of the Beast (last updated 10/29/18)
1.1: Adjusted item purchasing in Lepidstadt, made it more restrictive (I saw some potential issues for power gaming)
1.12: slight wording changes

Last edited:

DNDScholar

First Post
Hey that's cool! I'll check that out. Nice feature for the forum. I'm new here :)

In the meantime, I've updated the Harrowstone document again.

DNDScholar

First Post
A decent update: changed the haunt siphon in harrowing (and added hitpoints to haunts as a result). The original item was too "pathfinder" and not enough DnD 5, which overall the items are more dramatic in their effects while maintaining simplicity. I think this redesign does a better job of achieving that.

A small update to Trial of the Beast: adjusted item purchasing to be a little more restrictive to avoid power gaming.

For now, I'm not using the download section simply because I don't keep these as PDF files but am simply using Homebrewery's hosting service as links. The reason is that it's one less step for me to have to continuously download the PDFs, as changes are made live within seconds of me adding them. If Homebrewery ever ends its hosting service or something else changes, I'll switch it up. For now, I'll keep providing update posts :)

DNDScholar

First Post
One more quick (but significant) update to Harrowstone. I had so much fun converting the random encounter table in Trial of the Beast that I decided to go back and convert Harrowstone's. This also adds in some good rules for using encounters to "harrow" players trying to rest inside of Harrowstone.

DNDScholar

First Post
Just a note: I'm currently updating the Splatterman's stats and some of the other ghosts. For example: The Splatterman is a Ghost (MM 147) with AC 16 and 60 hitpoints. This is to compensate for the removal of possession from them, which I forgot to account for in CRs.

DNDScholar

First Post
This should be my last update (2.5) for a while, as I now feel everything is set for finishing up the playtest. The next update won't happen until the end of the playtest and will incorporate any changes based on that.

DNDScholar

First Post
Just a heads up that Homebrewery changed its formatting code. It will take me a couple of days to fix the formatting on the documents. Until then, they are pretty unreadable.

Tormyr

Adventurer
Just a heads up that Homebrewery changed its formatting code. It will take me a couple of days to fix the formatting on the documents. Until then, they are pretty unreadable.

Looks pretty good to me!

If you are ever interested at looking at LaTeX for a future project, I manage a GitHub project for a formatting package. https://github.com/evanbergeron/DND-5e-LaTeX-Template LaTeX has an interesting learning curve, but the output is a PDF that will not be changed on you (and you can post to the EN World Downloads section).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases