Casefiles Reopened: Agents of D.E.L.V.E.

Azaar

Explorer
Erran, from all appearances, seems intent on not giving the Hangman a chance to recover from the initial surprise attack. He does a quick study of his opponent, then comes in, snapping a quick one-two at the Hangman. "Get back under cover; we'll deal with this," he tells Telaria (although he doesn't know her name).

[sblock=Sorrow]Initiative: 1d20+3=12

Attack 1: AC 20 (1d20+5=20)
Damage 1: 7 (1d8=7)

Attack 2: AC 25 (1d20+5=25) -- Critical Confirmation: AC 23 (1d20+5=23)
Damage 2: 4 (1d8=4 -- 8 if actual critical hit)

I doubt it'll be an actual critical hit, since I assume it's undead and undead are immune to critical hits, but it's cool to do the critical confirmation anyway -- my first play-by-post critical threat/potential critical hit; pity it'll be wasted on an undead).[/sblock]

Roll, Roll, Roll, your Druid...

To her shock, it worked. To her greater shock, she has more company. She mutters to herself as she rolls toward the newcomers, "Is the enemy of my enemy my friend, or is the enemy of my friend my enemy?" When she gets to something solid, "Or enemy of my enemy my enemy?"

OOC: DODGE the HELL out EVERYTHING. :D

EDIT: Per IM with the DM, here am what am my Initiative Roll:

17 + 2 = 19

Last edited:

Ferrix has left us for the forseeable future. Therefore the active player are now down to Thorn, Erran, Sereth, and Telaria. I have another player in te wings ready to go when I can introduce him. Now Harlan, Shadowstone, and Ferrix will be NPC'd. I need Thorn's actions this round, and we can get going again.

Shayuri

First Post
(doh! Sorry! Lost track of initiative order there. Eeee...)

Grimacing at the reinforcements, Thorn circles away from them, while keeping the Hangman in the radius of her whirling chain. The hooked barbs worked into its links make a savage whistling noise as she spins it over her head and flicks it out to whipsaw across the Hangman's already torn undead corpus.

(move to get some distance from the hanged ones, but staying within 10' of Hangman to keep in weapon range...then attackin! 22 to hit (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=704080), doing 14 points of slicin' damage! (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=704085))

Erasnyl looses a barrage of magical force, the missles finding their mark unnerringly, striking four of the loosed ghouls. Two of the creatures allow the magic to wash over them harmlessly, the other two howl in pain as concussive force collapses parts of their ribcages.

Telaria continues her motions, "Tracying" a path tword the less sinister combantants.

Thorn finds her mark, in a vicious blow from her serrated chain.

One of the ghouls (heretofore referred to as ghoul #1) leaps powerfully into the air, landing next Thorn (consequently provoking an AoO) and lunges forward with it's fangs, falling just short. I need a fort save as well, Thorn.

The Hangman turns his attentions on Erran sweeping his claw like nails across his chest, and biteing down viciously on one of his arms, used to deflect the claws. I need a fort save from you, Erran

Erran delivers his twin strike with devastating accuracy and force.

Ghoul (#2), after a partial immolation leaps for Erasnyl, connection with a swung claw.

Harlan and Shadowstone loose their arrows from the shadows of the archway, aiming for the small cluster of hung victims, striking two.

Ghouls 3,4,5 leap, seemingly defying gravity, tword the arch way, landing in a cluster around Harlan, and Shadowstone.

Sereth aims for the #2, only just missing as it takes to the air, a flaming bolt searing the air where it just was.

Ghoul 6 imitates it's companions, and leaps into the close combat between Erran and the Hangman, biting for Erran's throat.

Shayuri

First Post
(Fort save: 21 - http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=715150 )

Thorn peels her lips back from her teeth in an unconscious snarl and whirls a grace pirouette, the chain swirling around her like the ribbon in some hellish rhythmic gymnastics display.

She comes out of the spin, sweeping one leg out for balance as she crouches and slashes outward with an arm, coaxing the chain to whip out again at the huge Hangman monster.

(Attack: 13 - http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=715165 )
(Damage: 10 - http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=715170 ...hey, you never know :))

Azaar

Explorer
Erran jerks back from the bite, wincing in pain for a moment before re-focusing on his objective: the Hangman. He is not going to give this abomination any sort of peace... save that of final death. Eyes narrowing, he darts back in again, another one-two combination of blows to try and keep the Hangman off-balance, while trying to also keep himself out of further harm's way.

[sblock=Rolls]Fort Save: check result DC 27 (1d20+8=27)

Attack #1: hits AC 19 (1d20+5=19)
Damage #1: 8 (1d8=8)

Attack #2: hits AC 22 (1d20+5=22)
Damage #2: 7 (1d8=7)

OOC: Man... why can't my dice roll this well? If this were tabletop, I'm half-betting Erran would already be dead.[/sblock]

Remove ads