• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Castles and Crusades for 55 dollars???

Scribble

First Post
So I was at a game store the other day and I saw a copy of a Castles and Crusades players book for 55 dollars...

WTF? Why is that thing priced at $55.00?

Admittedly I didn't look through it much (nor could I, as it was shrink wrapped...) but still.. 55 bux???

It didn't look like it was all that thick either... maybe half the size (if that) of the 3.5 players... (a little thinner then the original 3.0 MM)

Scribble

First Post
I think it was the personalized edition... But still that only shows for 19.95 on the site... Wonder if I was missing something...

Went down like this:

I was at a newfound FLGS waiting to pick my girlfriend (fiance as of yesterday) up from a party...

Oh Castles and Crusades... I've always wanted to check that out, maybe if it's not that expensive I'll pick up a copy and get my group to--- DEMON DOGS!!! 50 BUX????

I placed it back in the rack and moved on...

Crothian

First Post
Scribble said:
So I was at a game store the other day and I saw a copy of a Castles and Crusades players book for 55 dollars...

Ask the people at the store they are the ones that priced it that high.

Scribble

First Post
Crothian said:
Ask the people at the store they are the ones that priced it that high.

Well, when I'm in there next I most likely will...

I was just wondering if it was some sort of special edition that they released (akin to the "leatherbound" D&D stuff...) that I was out of the loop about.

This is why I dont support LGS. When I can get stuff online for 30-50% off I aint gonna pay full or market up price!
This isnt the first time Ive heard of huge mark ups. Ive seen them myself a few times. The revised edition of BESM d20 was 60 at one store I saw, and the original 20$ 3e D&D core books for 40, just to name a few.

Remove ads