• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Casual D&D V) The Tourne

G

Guest 11456

Cylantro : Female Human

Cylantro, with Ginger in her arms, smiles and nods as the others talk. She lovingly scratches the cat behind the ears and Ginger purrs with bliss.

OOC:
Cylantro - Will 20, Sense Motive 21, Spot 20
Ginger - Will 8, Sense Motive 17, Spot 15

dpdx

Explorer
Fendric: Will - 25; Sense Motive - 14; Spot - 13.
Hiritus: Will - 17; Sense Motive - 19; Spot - 19.

The Pelorites look askance at Brich and Koehl both after that last exchange, the paladin a little more intently. Fendric offers a question in exchange:

"Why ever would you ask - have you a bride for our friend?"

Guilt Puppy

First Post
"Hm?" Koehl offers to Fendric, at first. "Oh, no - I was just thinking forward on such a proud family history, is all." He grins amiably. "I have a son of my own on the way, so it's been on the mind... A child on the way, I should say. But I always imagine it will be a son, when I think forward. And my wife pictures that we'll have a daughter - but isn't that always the way?"

Cylantro, Oliver, Hiritus:
[sblock]Koehl's comment seems like innocuous conversation. Brich seems somewhat offended; even after his initial reaction, his silence now seems more deliberate than usual.[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

Cylantro turns her attention to Brich Oerry. "Brich! You have been mostly quiet this evening. What about you? Surely you have tales of your own." She smiles warmly while watching the man, intent on listening to his answer. She continues to absentmindedly stroke Ginger down her back. The cat continues to purr and shuts her eyes as if sleeping.

Sparky

Mrs. Pot, meet Mrs. Kettle. Kettle, Pot. Oliver glowers at the woman. His bushy eyebrows move expressively as he looks to see what reaction Brich might have to Cylantro's sudden interest.

Guilt Puppy

First Post
Brich seems just a touch startled by the question, a vague embarrassed smile flashing on his face.

"Hm? Oh, no, no. Skirmish or two, I guess you could call it. But nothing to tell a story about..." He pauses, thinking over his words. "I've fired a hundred arrows in practice for every one in a real battle. At least."

Koehl smiles. "You're modest. It's your cool head that keeps your arrows rested, and that's something to be proud of." Koehl turns back, addressing Cylantro. "There's a story or two about him, even if he's too shy to say it. He's notorious for his keen handling of tense situations."

"Never mind," Brich interjects, but lightly. He turns to Cylantro as well. "What about yourself? I take it you've travelled some..."

hellrazor111

First Post
(sorry for the inactivity, ive been busy lately)

Cray has been sitting quietly the whole night, half-listening to the tales of Nurthk's past. Thinking about somthing, a tired look comes apon his face as he nurses his drink. It has been a long time since we travled with people, he says to himself. and its feeing good to be back in their company. To think, I wouldn't have met these wonderful friends if she hadn't left. Cray looks around and it seems he has spent much time thinking for the talking has shifted from the dwarf to the witch

Sparky

"An intriguing land you've got here, gentlemen, when men gain notoriety for cool heads..." He grins over the glass at the others, eyes coming to rest on the spellcaster and her cat, now the center of attention, "...instead of hot ones."

Oliver recalled that Cylantro had been fleeing the wrath of a certain singed group of villagers when they encountered her on the road into the Tourne. He lets the scrutiny stay on her for several long moments before cutting in, "That puts me in mind of a song I know, a favorite back at Caval's Horde in Hedrogura... The Smoke-Eyed Vixen." He looks at his Tournean hosts and comrades, "I believe you'd know it as, Ever Dark Wings." He puts the glass down. "If you'd indulge an old man, I'll get my lute and we can have some music with our tales and spirits."

G

Guest 11456

The young woman was startled by the change of attention to herself and was rightly quiet for a long pause. Just as she was about to speak, Oliver spoke up and Cylantro breathed a sigh of relief. She kept a watchful eye on Brich while Oliver spoke of playing his song. Ginger meanwhile had fallen into a light sleep.

doghead

thotd
ic - Casual

Xiao watches the mostly silent, one sided exchange between Oliver and Cylantro. At some point on the trip across the Tourne the stranger from a strange land became aware that Oliver seemed unsettled by Cylantro. Xiao is not sure when, exactly, he realised it. One day it was jut there, as if it had been all along. From that point on, Xiao has had the feeling that there is often a subtext to Oliver's comments to the spellcaster. But what is is exactly has eluded the monk - there is too much about the language and the culture he doesn't understand well enough. Perhaps the others in the party have understood and have chosen to say nothing. Or perhaps not. Xiao gets the feeling that Oliver can be quite elusive.

Of course, Xiao could just ask Oliver. The people here are much more brazen in that regard than back home. Strangers, Xiao has discovered through his own stumbling experience, can be more brazen still by virtue of their ignorance. But the customs of his home are hard to shrug off, and Xiao decides to say nothing. Oliver will share what he wants to share when he wants to share it.

Xiao considers Cylantro. She seemed startled by Olivers question, and relieved at the change in topic. Now, once again she is sitting with her cat contentedly sleeping on her lap. Xiao occasionally imagines that it is the cat that is the master and Cylantro the spirit kin. It is madness really, Xiao has never heard of such a thing. But the thought keeps popping up now and then.

It is true that the young woman does not reveal much about herself. But then again, Xiao gets the feeling that Oliver keeps much to himself. But where Oliver hides meaning in thickets of words, Cylantro simply hides it in silence.

Xiao stands. "I get my recorder." He heads off in the same direction as Oliver, rapidly closing the distance between the two without any apparent effort. Xiao falls in alongside Oliver as they head back to their quarters.

[sblock=To Oliver]"It is strange feeling to be so close to the end. Soon we to have to make decision for ourselves again."

The monk falls silent for a moment.

"I would like to be home. Recently I have feel this more often. Perhaps it is because soon I will be free to make my own decision. It is temptation to think that staying here is hopeless, I will never find what was stolen."

Xiao sighs and shrugs.

"One day perhaps I can take that path. When I am done."[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads