• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E CB's Stonefast IC -- COMPLETE

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Fulgrim frowned. "We'll never catch it with these stubby legs of ours. But inside setting up camp outside the Hold a little obvious? What if we used the secret room we discovered with the church tithes? It didn't look like anyone else knew about that room. We close up the door and no one would be the wiser. Shouldn't have to rest too much longer, right?". . . .

"You're entirely right, there," Guran replies. Then he adds, "But we could still give them reason to think that I, or we, had gone outside to camp, right? It's better that they should think me, or us, obvious rather than clever, after all -- so how about I step once in the spilled blood, facing as though heading outside, then walk outside far enough to leave traceable bootprints; there, wipe off my soles and return to meet the rest of us at the door to the hidden room? The orcs don't know our numbers, so if they see my prints leaving, they might not search elsewhere. Shall I do that?"

(Clearly, the bearded rogue is trying to make up for the inadequacy of his unthinking attack in the night.)

Forged Fury

First Post
"A brilliant plan! Only from the mind of a dwarf!" Fulgrim concurred heartily as he helped Colden put on his gear. "Let's be quick about it. On your way back, remember the other hidden room in the event the orcs cut you off."

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Upon hearing agreement, Guran puts his plan into action: he walks around past the spilled blood, turns around, strides toward the first antechamber in a way that makes one boot land halfway in blood, and keeps going through the first antechamber and outside. Once he gets among the rocks outside, he wipes off his bloody boot, then returns to join the others in the hidden "tithe" room to finish the long rest.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"Oh, indeed!" answers Father Spec, casting the cantrip on the end of its mace, causing it to glow, and the light in the room they have left to fade away.

Once Colden has on his armor, he, Fulgrim, Spec, and Roscoe walk west down Hallway A, and enter the skeleton room. The four of them go inside the secret room with the chest that contained the clerical vestments and sack of coins. After a few minutes, Guran rejoins them. The outside entrance to Stonefast was mostly rock, and so with little foliage on which to wipe his boot soles, Guran elected to remove his boots and walk back barefoot. When he made his way inside the secret room and rejoined the group, however, he sat down and quickly put his footwear back on. Once everyone was inside, Fulgrim closed the stone sliding door, sealing the entrance. At ten feet square (like the antechamber), the secret room was cramped but serviceable.

OOC: The watch order was: Spec, Guran, Colden, Roscoe, then Fulgrim. Each shift was two hours. The orc appeared on Fulgrim's shift, so the group already had eight hours of rest before Fulgrim started his watch. Moreover, the encounter with the orc lasted a very brief time and wasn't strenuous. Everyone therefore gets the benefit of a long rest (PHB 186). If there's a compelling reason why you shouldn't get the benefit of a long rest, please point it out in the OOC and we'll discuss.

Forged Fury

First Post
OOC: Fulgrim added Alarm and Magic Missile to his spellbook. His prepared spells are: Magic Missile, Shield, Sleep, & Thunderwave

During the last ten minutes of Fulgrim's shift, the dwarven mage practiced casting one of his new spells as a ritual, warding the small room they were in with a spell of alarm. With a few gestures and incantations, he designated his companions as being of no concern to the spell while specifying the spell to only alert him mentally if something violated the abjuration.

"Would you look at that?" the dwarf asked no one in particular as a shimmering magical ward sprung up around him after the completion of casting the spell. In casting the spell, he had siphoned off some of the protective magic used in creating the alarm for his own protection.

OOC: Fulgrim is protected by his new Arcane Ward class feature. The first time he casts an Abjuration spell after a long rest, he gains a magical ward with HPs equal to (Wizard Level * 2) + INT Modifier, in Fulgrim's case: 6 HPs. The ward is partially recharged each time he casts an abjuration spell, with the ward regaining (Spell Level * 2) HP.

OOC: I know at least a couple of you are thinking more along the lines of your level up to 3rd level than you are what room to explore next, and that's fine, but when you have an inkling where ya'll want to explore, drop a note here, please. I'll prompt you again in a day or two if I don't see any headway.

Remove ads