CDPR Sued For Securities Violations

generic

On that metempsychosis tweak
Willful ignorance isn't ignorance, as doctorbadwolf alluded to. I see no line in his initial post where he makes explicit mention of moral absolutism as a guiding doctrine.

generic

On that metempsychosis tweak
No it's not. It's a fairly mild disagreement. Calm down.
To be fair, doctorbadwolf is implying that willful ignorance cannot be construed as ignorance of mal-action, not that the lack of action in an issue is inherently evil, or that all who choose inaction in the face of such circumstances are evil. There is, by definition, no issue of moral absolutism.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
To be fair, doctorbadwolf is implying that willful ignorance cannot be construed as ignorance of mal-action, not that the lack of action in an issue is inherently evil, or that all who choose inaction in the face of such circumstances are evil. There is, by definition, no issue of moral absolutism.
Or personal attack, but let's not get picky! :D

tomBitonti

Adventurer
So you enrich yourself, personally, at the cost of the company. Hopefully the company's overall assets outweigh the amount of equity held by stock holders, by a large margin. If all that you're looking for is a top-up and to divest yourself of the stock completely, then you don't really care what happens to the company afterward. And some (far too many) people refuse to think long term and are only about realizing profit, today.
Bold added by me. Is this usually the case? I thought that such companies were ripe for take-over and dismantling.
Be safe and well,
Tom Bitonti

Ryujin

Legend
Bold added by me. Is this usually the case? I thought that such companies were ripe for take-over and dismantling.
Be safe and well,
Tom Bitonti
I was talking about in this specific case because, if not, then the company could be sued into oblivion. Generally speaking you have voting and non voting shares. Only voting shares would be capable of being used in a take over, so they wouldn't represent the sum total of the company's assets anyway.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases