D&D 5E celebrating pride and lgbtq+ players 2021

Learning French for work, and their gendering of inanimate objects drives me batty. Like, calling a car "she" in English is a cultural thing, but "un voiture" is linguistically wrong, and that is so difficult to get used to.
Same with a few other European languages, also verbs change with the various tenses. I can imagine how tricky it is for native English speakers to get their heads around these norms.

Sorry, some times I may be rude, but that is not my intention, but the fault is because the lack of social skills.

I mentioned the trope of gay elf because it was common in the Spanish-speaker community, at least years ago.

To fights against hate and intolerance is right, but the new generations, even members of the queer community, are going to ask why now we are not reporting the homophobia in many Asian nations, and I don't talk about Japan where the yaoi and yuri is totally tolerated and accepted. Some Western companies censure themself because they don't want their productions being censured in Asian. I don't blame them but it sounds as a total hipocrisy. What is the true priority?

And when to report the intolerance suffered by other communities in other countries?

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
Best practice in international activism is to bolster/support local on-the-ground activists rather than tut-tutting specific cultures. Any culture you might peg as homophobic has within it gay people who are fighting for rights/respect.

Faolyn

(she/her)
To fights against hate and intolerance is right, but the new generations, even members of the queer community, are going to ask why now we are not reporting the homophobia in many Asian nations, and I don't talk about Japan where the yaoi and yuri is totally tolerated and accepted. Some Western companies censure themself because they don't want their productions being censured in Asian. I don't blame them but it sounds as a total hipocrisy. What is the true priority?
Most people aren't all that capable of being involved in the goings-on of other countries and consider their surrounding area to be their true priority. Y'know, the "clean up your own house" thing. It's not hypocrisy; it's human nature, limited by out ability to travel and by other countries' laws.

And sure, movie companies shouldn't censor their products before being shipped overseas--but that's going to continue to happen as long as people care about the fact that some of those Asian markets are huge money makers. If you don't want that to happen, then make it so people don't care about money anymore. Perhaps work towards creating a global-scale post-scarcity society.

Remove ads