• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ceramic DM Winter 07 (Final Judgment Posted)

yangnome

First Post
Round 1 Match 5

Round 1 Match 5 (Monday):
Tadk vs. Questing gm

Sialia's not writing, so I won't set an official word limit. The guideline is don't bore the judges and make us want to stop reading. Here are your pics. You have 72 hours from post time.

Attachments

• 1_5_1.jpg
    1_5_1.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 112
  • 1_5_2.jpg
    1_5_2.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 117
  • 1_5_3.jpg
    1_5_3.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 110
  • 1_5_4.jpg
    1_5_4.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 106

yangnome

First Post
Round 1 Match 6

Round 1 Match 6 (Monday):
Rodrigo Istilindir vs. Drawmack

Sialia's not writing, so I won't set an official word limit. The guideline is don't bore the judges and make us want to stop reading. Here are your pics. You have 72 hours from post time.

Attachments

• 1_6_1.jpg
    1_6_1.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 99
  • 1_6_2.jpg
    1_6_2.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 98
  • 1_6_3.jpg
    1_6_3.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 103
  • 1_6_4.jpg
    1_6_4.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 107

BSF

Explorer
yangnome said:
Thanks for compiling that Berandor. I was going to do the same thing after posting these next pictures.

*laugh* So was I! I won't worry about it right now though.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
KidCthulhu said:
Ber, you've got round four wrong. It's BSF vs PirateCat. Mythago is good, but you really shouldn't make her go twice.
The links are wonky too, I think. I'm hesitant to edit your post -- can you check 'em?

Comments on writing:

[sblock]It's incredible how good it felt to write. This story was different than ones I've done in the past. Usually I spend the first day thinking, the second and third day writing, and edit before I post. This time the story idea came much more quickly than usual. I had to write most of it twice due to fundamental changes I made, but the basic idea - a story within a story, late at night in a shadowy bar - stayed the same. I've got the idea, that's the hard part, right?

Ha.

Actually writing the thing was very hard for me. Hard in a good way, but my mind kept skipping around; I'd write some, check EN World, post in a locked thread, play a game of solitaire, then write some more. I finally figured out that it was because I hadn't resolved the narrator's main religious dilemma. A little research and the final bits snapped into place. Of course, that was last night after the Super Bowl - but I spent four hours of solid writing that felt like 20 minutes. I think I do this for those few moments when the story comes into focus and everything clicks.

What they say about practice is true, though. I'm definitely rusty after not having done this for so long.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

yangnome

First Post
Piratecat said:
The links are wonky too, I think. I'm hesitant to edit your post -- can you check 'em?
yeah, the links were wonky for me too when I clicked on them, though when I went to the posts and tried to copy the links, it gave me the same ones. strange. Someone want to check teh ones i posted in the first post and see if they are correct for you?

Berandor

lunatic
I changed mythago to Piratecat.

I'll check the links...

edit: what I did was to simply change the postcount in the links corresponding to the thread, not the larger overall postcount, as well. So the links always pointed to the first stories from which I copied the format. Duh.

edit 2: yangnome, the links in the beginning post are wonky, too. At least for me. Try these:

Round 1
Match 1: Aris Dragonborn vs. Miles Pilituspictures – judgement
Match 2: Graywolf-ELM vs. mythagopictures – judgement
Match 3: Berandor vs. Gabrielpictures – judgement
Match 4: BSF vs. Piratecatpictures – judgement

Last edited:

Remove ads