• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

CGW – Where We’re At

arwink

Clockwork Golem
CGW – Where We’re At

If you’re reading this, it is possible that you’re one of the people that have noticed that the Clockwork Golem Workshop has been very quiet of late. We went from putting together a lot of products to virtually nothing in the space of a few short months. While there are a number of complicated reasons for this silence (reasons that involve words like engagement, family illness and damn day job), the biggest problem really boils down to one thing: I was burned out. Not just burned out on running the company, but on gaming in general.

While life hasn’t really gotten any less complicated during my break*, it has given me the time I need to remember exactly what it is that I enjoyed about running the company. I’ve started running games again, I’ve started putting together new material, and I’ve been editing some of the manuscripts that have been sent in by a few very patient freelancers who have been waiting for their work to see print.

My current plan is to do the final edits and layout for Lost Books 14 over the weekend, then move straight onto Lost Books 15 in an effort to get it out ASAP (primarily as an apology to those subscribers who have been waiting in limbo since we went dormant without explanation). After that CGW will be moving forward, a little slower than we used to, but this time with a better sense of what I want the company to achieve.

One of the things that I I’d like to establish from here on in is a better line of communication with the folks who enjoy our products, both in terms of explaining what’s going on at the CGW end and how you’re using our PDF’s. I’m still not entirely sure how to handle this**, but as a start I’ve set up the CGW livejournal in order to talk about works-in-progress as well as keeping you updated on new releases as they occur.

That’s where CGW is at, for folks who were wondering.

* Heck, in the last week I was forced to move by a sizable rent increase at my house, and I found out that I’ll be unemployed until August.

**But I’ll happily take suggestions if anyone has any ideas.

Remove ads